For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: VERY nice Copenhagen early 944 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009 | 06:02 PM
turbokev
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default VERY nice Copenhagen early 944 for sale

It isn't very often you come across a 944 as straight and beautiful as this one.. especially up here in New England.

This 1984 example is 100% rust free and laser straight.. not even 1 door ding on the car. With the exception of the typical dash cracking, the interior is also in excellent condition. I have added a sport seat to the drivers side and reupholstered both front seats just last month. They are supple and comfortable. The car is a beautiful deep navy called Copenhagen Blue and has the uncommon 2 tone tan and brown interior.

I added a vintage Momo wood wheel. (the original sport wheel will come with the car but it does has a loose seam)

This was a one owner car for 24 years and it has always been garaged and well maintained. The car just turned 103,000 miles this year. The most recent belt changes were done at 90K and the clutch has been replaced as well. The motor runs very strong with no abnormal noises, it does not burn or leak oil, and the car pulls hard through all the gears. VERY fun car to drive.

The car just passed NH state inspection in October and is 100% reliable and ready to drive anywhere.. The brakes are great with more than 50% life left, there are no pulsations, no pulling to either side. The tires are matched Michelin Pilot Sports and have about 50% tread left. They are evenly worn, the cars alignment is good. The glass and lenses are all good with no cracks or chips. The heat works very well and the cooling system has been winterized. I wouldn’t hesitate to take it to California tomorrow, it’s that trustworthy.

This particular car was ordered with the following optional equipment:
220- LSD (limited slip differential)
431- Leather 4 spoke wheel
456- Sport package with Koni adjustable shocks and front/rear sway bars
533- Factory alarm system
946- Leather interior

It also has power steering, power windows, power mirrors and an aftermarket AM/FM CD player (adequate but not great)

This was also a 'sunroof delete' car from the factory, however the original owner added a glass pop-up / removable roof at some point in the cars history. It was done right and does not leak. The headliner was trimmed well and the installation looks factory. The sunroof comes with a large leather storage bag for when it's off the car.

The car has had one complete and professional repaint in the original Copenhagen Blue color.. This was not a cheap job.. All the glass and trim were removed and all the weather stripping was replaced. Car looks amazing for 25 years old. There is no overspray, there is no orange peel.

All that said, the car is 25 years old and does have a couple small issues I need to disclose.
1. There is a very slight power steering seep from a hose. (1/2 pint in the last 5000 miles). I have the correct OEM Porsche replacement hose, it just needs to be installed.
2. The tachometer is intermittent.. some days it works, others it does not. This does not affect the odometer or the upshift light.
3. The drivers side power window has a little dead spot where you need to help it past in order for it to go all the way down and up.
4. The windshield washer fluid container has a leak

In October 2008 I bumped in to the trailer hitch of an SUV scratching the front bumper and denting the nose panel between the pop up lights. I obtained OEM Porsche replacement parts and had them professionally painted at Scott Wrights Auto Body in Exeter. I also had him remove the front rubber pads and smooth the front bumper for a sleeker ‘snub nose’ look. I also put on a brand new Porsche emblem at that time. I will include the original bumper, bumper shocks and pads with the car in case you want to return the car to the stock look.

Below are several pictures of the car.. Some taken in Sep 2008, then one of the damage from the trailer hitch in Oct 2008, and finally a few more of the car now with the smoothed front bumper. <br><p>

Here's the damage I did to the nose~

And some more taken a couple weeks ago now that the new nose panel and smoothed bumper are installed~

And here are a couple pictures of the interior now after replacing the wheel, shift boot leather and reupholstering the seats..

As you can see, this is an exceptional 944..not museum quality or anything like that, but a super nice driver. My price is fair for the quality of the car. I have it listed locally for $5500 but will accept $4700 cash from a forum member.

I love the car but with our new family situation, I really need something that can accommodate car seats when our family van isn’t available.

Please email me at turbokev@comcast.net if you are interested~
Thanks,
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:42 AM
turbokev
Addict
Rennlist Member

~CAR SOLD THIS MORNING~
Old 02-11-2009 | 07:30 PM
white924s
Rennlist Member

congrats on the sale - it looks like a great car!

Quick Reply: For Sale: VERY nice Copenhagen early 944 for sale