For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 1997 993 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 216 Posts
Default 1997 993 Cab

Not because I don’t like the 993 anymore or because I have found another car I like better, but because it’s not being driven enough (2,000 miles in the last year) and with the company car I have six cars for my wife and I.

I bought it as a daily driver and the tip was a perfect fit for the Los Angeles freeways. After 16 months as a DD, it became a garage queen as I have a company car. It appears that I will keep the company car for another 2 ½ years until I retire. I bought it in July of 2003 with 59,000 miles and now have 87,000 on the clock. I have plenty of receipts from the time I purchased it and on. I checked with the local Porsche dealer and was told the car was bought new at Newport Beach Porsche. I did a road trip there and spoke with the service department. A computer check showed that all of the services had been done. Unfortunately they wouldn’t give me a print out.

I shift the tip manually 100% of the time. Love the car. Over the last five years that I have had the 993 the slippery slope and Rennlist has helped me mod the car just the way I wanted it. It doesn’t burn any oil between the 5,000 mile oil changes. No code issues. I did have trouble getting it smogged due to the lack of codes on the OBC II. It stays covered in the garage or if it’s outside for more than 10 minutes.

There are stories; the 993 has a salvaged title. I bought it damaged and had it repaired. I have photos documenting the before repair, during the repair and after the repair. It was minor but did result in a front clip from the just in front of the strut towers. The repaint was nice, but not perfect.

Also, the top is operated manually the A/C is not charged and there is a small hole in the windscreen. I changed the color of the dash, door and console from blue to black with Surflex. The front and rear seats are OEM black. The top is blue and the boot cover is black.

I just can’t see getting very much for a tip 993 with 87,000 miles with a salvage title. As it sits with the mods I am hoping to get $25,000. That may be too high. If it is, I’ll keep it.

I am in no rush and would prefer to keep it in the Rennlist family. I don't plan on listing it anywhere else.

Mods;

Hard Back Heated Sports Seats
ROW M030 Springs and Sway Bars
Bilsteins HDs
Atiwe 340mm Steering Wheel with Silver Crest
Silver Hood Crest
Euro Turbo Front Bumper
Deleted Headlight Nozzles
Clear Bumper Protection
Clear Side Lights
Ft Protection Bar
Supercup Exhaust (OEM Included)
Aftermarket HIDs
Painted Red Calipers
Rennline Dead Pedal
Bird Armrest
Oil Cooler Fan Switch
Traffic Pro Radio
MY ‘02 5-Spoke Wheels (Some CR on Left Rear)
P-Zero Tires are Nearly New
Red Seat Belts
Shift Boot
Non-Tiptronic Speedo (OEM Included)
OEM Aluminum E-Brake & Shifter
Painted Fog Light Interior Silver

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1997 993 Cab