For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: Arai GP5-W Helmet, SA 2005 - Black Frost

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default FS: Arai GP5-W Helmet, SA 2005 - Black Frost

Arai GP5-W Helmet, SA 2005 - Black Frost
HANS - Standard Anchors - Black/Silver

Wider eyeport for closed cockpit cars! The GP5W (Wide Eyeport) features the SCLC (Super Complex Laminate Construction) Shell construction. Large eyeport. Enhanced upper ventilation. The GP-5 is the newest helmet design from Arai, and is the helmet of choice of numerous top professionals including Jeff Gordon, Juan Pablo Montoya, and Dario Franchitti. The incomparable lightweight is the result of Arai's famous "SCLC" Super Complex Laminate Construction. The revised chin bar is about 5mm longer (downwards) and the new cheek pads have a more rounded shape then previous Arai models. These newly-shaped cheek pads fit better around the cheeks and offer improved comfort for the driver. Due to the rounded shape of the GP-5 shell, less wind is allowed to enter the helmet thereby offering a reduction in noise. The GP-5 has five ventilation ducts on top of the shell: three front vents and two rear vents. The direction of the ventilation ducts can be changed as to use them as air inlets or air outlets, depending on test results by the wearer. The helmet is lined with navy fireproof Nomex fabric and uses a patented, flat "double D" ring retention system for greater comfort and safety. The GP-5 also has a new shield typeand a new screw set is also available. Available in white, black, sport red, silver, black frost and silver frost in sizes XS to XXL. SNELL SA2005 Homologation.

I have three helmets and only wore this helmet for one day. To protect the helmet I always worn a balaclava. The helmet is in mint condition.

The size is: XL (7-1/2 - 7-5/8 or 61 - 62 cm.)

The combination is worth north of $900.00 ($849.95 & $55.00). I'm looking for $775.00 including free shipping to US48.

Last edited by Rob in VA; 06-30-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

I pulled the wrong description.
Here's the correct description:

Wider eyeport for closed cockpit cars! The GP5W (Wide Eyeport) features the SCLC (Super Complex Laminate Construction) Shell construction. Large eyeport. Enhanced upper ventilation. The GP-5 is the newest helmet design from Arai, and is the helmet of choice of numerous top professionals including Jeff Gordon, Juan Pablo Montoya, and Dario Franchitti. The incomparable lightweight is the result of Arai's famous "SCLC" Super Complex Laminate Construction. The revised chin bar is about 5mm longer (downwards) and the new cheek pads have a more rounded shape then previous Arai models. These newly-shaped cheek pads fit better around the cheeks and offer improved comfort for the driver. Due to the rounded shape of the GP-5 shell, less wind is allowed to enter the helmet thereby offering a reduction in noise. The GP-5 has five ventilation ducts on top of the shell: three front vents and two rear vents. The direction of the ventilation ducts can be changed as to use them as air inlets or air outlets, depending on test results by the wearer. The helmet is lined with navy fireproof Nomex fabric and uses a patented, flat "double D" ring retention system for greater comfort and safety. The GP-5 also has a new shield typeand a new screw set is also available. Available in white, black, sport red, silver, black frost and silver frost in sizes XS to XXL. SNELL SA2005 Homologation.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got a red one! Best fitting helmet I've owned in 25 years of doing this stuff. And the "W" version makes it really easy to get your glasses on and off. Ventilation works great, but I do use it in an open cockpit. And Arai makes aero kits that stick on, if you do need that for formula/sports racer.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:02 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 257 Posts

I've got the same one in white. Best helmet I've owned. Someone buy this thing .
Old 06-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Ken and Matt. Yes, someone buy this helmet before I end up keeping it and getting rid of my other two helmets.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

The helmet has been sold. Thanks for looking.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: Arai GP5-W Helmet, SA 2005 - Black Frost