For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Black Porsche Mats 997, CAB?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007 | 10:55 AM
Dan993
Instructor

Default Black Porsche Mats 997, CAB?

Mats were purchased from Porsche dealer in April as 997 was delivered without mats somehow. And the dealer would not provide them free of charge!

BUT, this mat set (4 mats) is for 997 (and 996?) equipped with BOSE UPGRADE (not the Standard BOSE system). Driver's and back mats are identical on all 997, but the passenger mat has a pronounced taper at the top to provide clearance in the foot well for the BOSE UPGRADE AMP. These mats were barely used and are clean and unworn.

Note that these mats use a clip method to secure them (fronts only). The clips fasten under the seat-rail covers, a process that takes seconds to complete. The straps on the mats clip into these. Very nice attachment that does not damage the underlying carpet (unlike the mats I replaced these with that have fasteners that screw into the carpet!).

I can't find the receipt to supply the part number. They came in Porsche packaging, with Porsche OEM labeling and are manufactured by Lloyds (I believe).

These may only fit Cabs?

$75, $10 S/H.
Attached Images     

Last edited by Dan993; 07-22-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:32 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

I think the tapered passenger side for the Bose amp is for Cabs and Targas and not Coupes or TT - can you confirm.
Old 07-22-2007 | 11:51 AM
Dan993
Instructor

This is what I thought also. But the dealer explained that these are for all models, with the Bose amp. I have only seen them fitted to a cab in person. In fact, I saw one yesterday and noted that that cab did have a bulge on the passenger side tunnel. I do remember that the package label did not spec cab or targa, just 997. It did have a 996 part number....

In fact, when I went to another dealer to purchase the correct mats for my TT (the dealer I purchased the car and original mats from would not help me and will never get another $ from me) they gave me the wrong mats also. They asked if I had Bose. Sure, I have Bose. So he gave me those mats. They didn't fit. He tells me I don't have Bose. I have the standard Bose. NOT the UPGRADE BOSE. The he supplied the correct set.

That's all I know...
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:38 PM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Those would be for a Cab with Bose if they don't fit your Coupe. Targa's use the Coupe Floor Mats. Though fairly certain they are not Original Porsche Mats. Possibly Lloyds?

The Porsche mats for a 997 are Black, with Off-Black Lettering. They also use a simple locking system of either a Velcro Twist that goes into the carpet (like you mentioned), or a small Hook and Clip System.
There are different Part Numbers for 996 and 997 Mats, though never looked close enough to actually see if there is a difference.

This is a good price for new 997 Floor Mats for someone with a Cab though.
Old 07-22-2007 | 01:01 PM
Dan993
Instructor

They are Lloyds, I believe. But they came from the P-Car dealer in Porsche packaging.

The mats I finally did get for my TT from the dealer are black with small PORSCHE in white vertical placement, versus these mats with horizontal placement and larger font size.
Old 07-22-2007 | 01:31 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan993
This is what I thought also. But the dealer explained that these are for all models, with the Bose amp. I have only seen them fitted to a cab in person. In fact, I saw one yesterday and noted that that cab did have a bulge on the passenger side tunnel. I do remember that the package label did not spec cab or targa, just 997. It did have a 996 part number....

In fact, when I went to another dealer to purchase the correct mats for my TT (the dealer I purchased the car and original mats from would not help me and will never get another $ from me) they gave me the wrong mats also. They asked if I had Bose. Sure, I have Bose. So he gave me those mats. They didn't fit. He tells me I don't have Bose. I have the standard Bose. NOT the UPGRADE BOSE. The he supplied the correct set.

That's all I know...
Well it's obvious your dealer was no help at all. I think the designation for the audio systems is "standard" and then "Bose High End Sound System (option 680)" - I've never heard of "Upgraded Bose". And the mat you show for the passenger side are for Cabs and Targs with the Bose system. Try it in your TT and you'll see that the cut out on the mat doesn't cover the entire floor area. I think the Bose systems in the Cabs and Targas have the amplier in a different location hence the cut out on the passenger side mat.
Old 07-24-2007 | 01:12 AM
Dan993
Instructor

Sold. Thanks.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Black Porsche Mats 997, CAB?