For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Sold

WTB: WTB: 996 Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WTB: 996 Steering Wheel

Would like to buy a black 3-spoke 996 steering wheel and airbag.
Thanks,
Albert
Old 02-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Gary Knox
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 234 Posts

Albert,

I have a brand new OE 996 Turbo/Sport wheel in black that I'll sell. I bought it with the airbag, planning to put in on my '94 928 GTS. This, of course has the thicker (more desireable) rim.

Shortly after I bought this wheel, I came across a similar wheel, except it had ~2/3 of the spoke in dark rootwood - which matches the very rare dark rootwood in the interior of my GTS. So - I bought it, and am just in the process of getting ready to make the installation.

As you can imagine, the wheel is pretty expensive. You can always buy an air bag (eBay) and easily dye it black (starting with a dark one might be better, but I know of quite a few folks who've dyed them to a darker - or even light color - than original. Done well, it looks great). The dye for either vinyl or leather is available from Joan at www.colorplus.com . 2oz of dye will give you plenty for the bag, and for touching up other black vinyl/leather in your car.

I've used their products to redye 3 sets of 928 S4 seats, and all turned out looking like new and being very durable (one set of sport seats from dark brown to silver grey. The others were in the same as OE color).

Drop me a line if you are interested.

Gary Knox
West Chester, PA

Quick Reply: WTB: WTB: 996 Steering Wheel