For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI (fun little car)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI (fun little car)

Selling my daily driver

2004.5 GLI
6 speed
Factory body kit
Factory 18in rims
Platinum Gray

$19,500 (or reasonable offer)
27mpg around town and 34+ on highway.
26k Miles
Attached Images     

Last edited by Tim Wasmer; 08-31-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:24 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many miles?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 527 Likes on 355 Posts

stock or modified?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:46 PM
944TTwin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry what are you smoking? i bought the exaxt same car NEW with 7 miles for 21500 when that car first came out. if the car has <1000 miles than yes i would pay the 20500
Old 08-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

944, Prove it. We bought two, new and the were no where near 21k. I even have the sticker for our red one.

It is stock except dustless pads and a few cosmetic things (side markers, antenna etc).

Sorry forgot 26k miles
Old 08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think 944ttwin needs to be so rude about things! Just my $.02!
Old 08-30-2006, 12:56 PM
84_Carrera
Legacy Flounder
Rennlist Member

Tim, without more info, it does look like the car's overpriced.

Edmunds lists the 1.8T GLI w/ all the options (exc. onstar) at a dealer for $17.2K with that mileage, certified at $18k. The VR6 with all the options exc. onstar is $17.8k, certified at $18.6k.

Good luck with the sale, cool little car, looks pretty sharp as configured.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:27 AM
944TTwin
Advanced

[QUOTE=Tim Wasmer]944, Prove it. We bought two, new and the were no where near 21k. I even have the sticker for our red one.

It is stock except dustless pads and a few cosmetic things (side markers, antenna etc).

I had the exact same car platinum grey, you are trying to sell a used car for basically what it cost new, if i remember right invoice was 225XX, i got my so low b/c of the loyalty program that VW offered(i don't know if they offer it any more) with 1.9% rate for 60 months. also check vwvortex.com and you'll see some people have bought the car for 20,500 NEW(if you payed a lot more for the car than that's YOUR MISTAKE, you should of shop around) I'm not trying to be rude or anything it's just that it's very annoying when people try to sell a cars for what they basically payed for, and IT'S USED IT'S NOT NEW, remember just by driving the car off the lot it DEPRECIATES.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1596017
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1646675

Look at kbb.com your car is not excellent condition "few cosmetic things" you added crap to it.

Excellent
$20,425

Good
$19,295
(Selected)

Fair
$17,765

Search Local Listings
Sell Your Sedan
Vehicle DetailsChange Equipment
Engine: 4-Cyl. 1.8L Turbo
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: FWD
Mileage: 26,000

Selected Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning Cruise Control Dual Front Air Bags
Power Steering AM/FM Stereo ABS (4-Wheel)
Power Windows Cassette Rear Spoiler
Power Door Locks Single Compact Disc
Tilt Wheel Premium Sound

Selected Optional Equipment
F&R Side Air Bags Traction Control Premium Wheels

Blue Book Private Party Value
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Vehicle Condition Ratings Check Vehicle Title History
Excellent
$20,425
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Good
$19,295
"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.
Fair
$17,765

"Fair" condition means that the vehicle has some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs servicing but is still in reasonable running condition. This vehicle has a clean title history, the paint, body and/or interior need work performed by a professional. The tires may need to be replaced. There may be some repairable rust damage.
Poor
N/A

"Poor" condition means that the vehicle has severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is in poor running condition. The vehicle may have problems that cannot be readily fixed such as a damaged frame or a rusted-through body. A vehicle with a branded title (salvage, flood, etc.) or unsubstantiated mileage is considered "poor." A vehicle in poor condition may require an independent appraisal to determine its value.
* Texas 8/31/2006
Old 08-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

WOW

Lectured by the Twin.

I just checked Manheim and the below average cars are 17 and change.

Now Twin as you are an expert, here is the problem with a 04.5. There is no distinction between the early 04's and later 04's in KBB or NADA. They are two totally different looking cars. Since you know the car, the 18in BBS and the body kit along with the recaro interior were specific to that car ONLY. The dealer even has a difficult time quoting price as the 6speed car was almost exclusivly mad in the latter part of 04. The 05's were 99% automatics.

How do I know most of this? I did research and we bought TWO of these (one is my wifes (with VW NAV) and mine)

You show your immaturity in the way you approach this. Especially in your PM's taking pride in jacking my thread. I am a long time member and contributing part of this board. I suspect you are a kid that poped over from VWVortex (where screwing threads as a lowballer is a sport).

Look at 84's post (you might learn something) no "smoking" comments just a simple request for more info.

Since you are now the price policekid we should all be checking with you before pricing our cars. Hows my X5 priced?

I appologize to you regular members for the soapbox but this kid has jacked a thread without real facts. I am selling off two of my cars for financial reasons and the last thing I needed was someone spreading bogus info.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:59 AM
944TTwin
Advanced

I'm saying that i had the exact same car that you are selling. and you are trying to sell it for what alot of people payed for it, i for one bought it for 20500, w/ all the discounts. it's not my fault that you must of payed more for it (MSRP or what ever you payed for). and remember the car is use, i have nothing against the VW GLI and even had the 337 (do you know what that is) i really enjoyed the car, i sometimes feel that i should of kept it but again... you are trying to sell it for what alot of people bought it for. that is my point nothing else.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:13 PM
Tim Wasmer
Race Car

Alright. Point made. And yes I know what a 337 is.

19500 is a fair price. Was offered 18500 on trade last night.

I took offense to your smoking comment. Should I jack you Stage II Chips thread with "Are you Fr**ing nuts!!!!" I can get that on Fleabay for 121.99 shipped. And my Aunt Ethel bought one last week from a buddie of hers that does 2 second quarter miles on her trycycle for 85 bucks
Old 08-31-2006, 01:43 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

This is interesting. I guess I can't understand how a person can be offended by someone else's asking price. If it's too high, he simply won't sell it?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2004.5 VW Jetta GLI (fun little car)