For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: Feeler. 1987 944 turbo. Garaged, many mods.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020 | 10:50 AM
Matwroc951
1st Gear

Default Feeler. 1987 944 turbo. Garaged, many mods.

This is a feeler post regarding my 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo. It runs, drives, is insured, and garaged under a sheet. I drive it maybe once a month, never on track. I bought it in March 2011 as a rebound after my e36 m3 was totalled by a distracted driver.. I always wanted a 944 turbo so I found one.. and it looked OK just mechanically neglected. It has been a garage queen and a labor of tough love ever since. I wanted to daily it initially but that never happened. As soon as I got the car it gave up on me and I had to do an overhaul. And many other things have broken and been replaced so ill just try to list what I've done, what it still needs, etc.

Engine out reseal,
rebuilt head with new sodium exhaust valves, properly shimmed, mild port polishing,
wide fire head gasket
BNR stage 2 hybrid turbo. Inlet is 2.3/8" i believe
Lindsey MAF and intake kit
55lb rc injectors
Lindsey 300whp kit
Lindsey 4" exhaust
Precision 38mm wastegate with 7lb spring at the moment. Im playing safe without proper tune.
Spec stage 3+ clutch and resurfaced flywheel
newer torque tube and collar
New fuel lines, pump, and filter at the tank
3bar fuel pressure regulator
ebay catch can
Venturi delete
Bilstein HD rear shocks
Monroe front strut inserts
Solid steel trans mount
HD caster blocks
Sway bar bushings
Spherical rear shifter linkage
New shifter up front
new drilled and slotted rotors, performance compound pads
Clutch slave cylinder
Brake master cylinder
Idle air control valve
Lindsey spark plug wires
Radiator replaced by previous owner

replaced gauge cluster since old housing was broken and wouldnt hold a new odo gear. Mine broke at 113k and I found one that says 118k after looking forever. This speedo works but the odometer is stuck at 118k and I'm almost scared to attempt repairing it. It also has white gauge faces and whoever did it put the speed needle so its 5mph over.

new auxillary water pump for the turbo
Lindsey intercooler hoses and vacuum lines
turbo s rear speakers
Kenwood radio with aux
Sony front speakers

Digital clock broken as usual

Sunroof motor is somehow missing. So I need that

Sunroof panel has a new seal

Previous owner put what is basically limo tint on it and lighter/purple tint on the trunk

brand new windshield: I broke the old one when test fitting a roll bar and it caught on the mirror tab. Instead of flexing a bit it just broke. That was fun. I could not find one with antenna booster.

New hatch pins and receiver, new trunk shocks, still won't open easily and I will defeat it one day.

Headlight motor currently inoperable but lights are all fine otherwise and I can wind them up manually for now.

power steering hose leaks by reservoir and burns a bit on the exhaust sometimes.

balance shaft belt is currently off. I could not get the front of the shafts to stop leaking oil so there is currently toyota fipg on the front of them and no belt. I have a gates racing timing belt to install along with another water pump and seals just to keep things fresh. I will get around to it when I've collected enough parts to make it worth the time.

drivers seat is torn and the leather is just old. I have 2 grey sparco evos ill give to the new owner but they don't match the tan interior and I don't have the sliders unfortunately.

Center console lid and leather is new
New shift boot
AEM A/F sensor and gauge to install

boost gauge and panel below radio in the works..
Transmission has fresh gear oil. Oil is changed every few drives and its rarely driven. All fluids are fresh.

Exterior has a great shine after a wax and is great 10 feet away but its a very old car and it has its road rash, but I've tried to keep her pretty. I'm just not a body work guy. Maybe one day.

Has rock chips by fuel cap someone put touch up over previously

warning light on since pad wear sensors are not installed.

ZERO RUST, I got very lucky. Ive also sprayed fresh undercoating in some areas when it was on stands and had the drive train apart.

Next im installing: gates racing timing belt, new alternator and relocation bracket for ac delete but leaving the rest of ac system intact, performance rod bearings, lower ball joints, and power steering lines and reservoir. Its a constantly evolving burden 😪

Countless hours and likely 10k in parts over the years, more work still needs to be done.. But I'm hoping one day this will go to someone who is mechanically inclined and appreciates this car for its quirks and performance potential. I love these cars very much but I want to take on new projects. And I could use the space in the garage so my volvo 240 won't have to sit outside.

I was hoping if I get it restored enough I could get $14,000 but I'm open to offers and opinions. Im new here so please be kind, thank you.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Feeler. 1987 944 turbo. Garaged, many mods.