For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

Free: Scammed by Hacked Rennlist Account Hasan Chowdury

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2020 | 07:16 PM
Ben-uvgt3rs
Track Day

Default Scammed by Hacked Rennlist Account Hasan Chowdury

Posting this so you guys can be more careful and learn from this instance.

Posted a Want To Buy on the marketplace for a JCR Titanium Race Pipe, was up for a few days, got a reply from user "ca993twin" https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...ca993twin.html

Figured it was legit, member since 03', 8500 posts, etc.

Was sent pictures of the exhaust which were pretty convincing. Saw some posts up for sale of some 991.2 GT3 Parts and I figured everything was legit this guy's just offloading his car and bringing it back to stock.

Ok. Then I text message the number attatched. Number matches all the previous posts dating back to May. Get a reply within a few minutes.

Everything up until this point is going well. I explain to him my situation, how the dealer damaged my exhaust so I have to get a new one.

He explained that he's offloading the car, this exhaust is too loud for the wife, getting the new G63, the story lines up completely.

First red flag... Sent him a payment through Zelle. I figured this guy has 8500 posts and has been a rennlist member for almost 2 decades no way he's going to pull something.

The payment gets returned instantly. I try again. Same thing.

I reach back out to him telling him his bank isn't accepting it and he sends his "work phone" and the payment goes through.

He asks for my shipping address and that's the conversation.

The following day I get a message with the tracking number and an apology regarding why it didn't go out the next day... he was busy at work. Fine. I said no problem.

A day goes by, two days, a week goes by and I check back in every few days. Nothing.

I do a reverse search of the "work" phone number / email he provided and it comes out to a Hasan Chowdury who has been scamming on the rolex forums, rennlist under a few different accounts.

He's been hacking people's accounts and selling people car parts as well as watches across the web and not fulfilling the sales.

I call the work phone and he picks up. He asks who is this and I told him I'm from Rennlist. Immediate hang up. Tried calling back a few more times and it led straight to voicemail.

Be careful out there!

Old 09-16-2020 | 04:08 AM
Corrado79
Advanced

He almost got me! He wanted to do PayPal Friends & Family only (i.e. no buyer protection). I refused. Conversation ended then.
Old 09-16-2020 | 11:49 AM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Deleted it a few posts and we will look into it ASAP. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-18-2020 | 02:02 PM
Gmanscott
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear you got ripped off by that douche. had something happen years ago on a deposit on a car thru an attorney for the purported seller. Leaves the "trust no one" in the back of your mind when the majority of people on here are great sellers.
Old 09-21-2020 | 12:19 AM
Jesse D.
Advanced

How has this not been dealt with? The same guy has been scamming people on here for months, including myself. Sorry you were a victim too.
@ rennlist, can someone put a forum-wide alert on this guy? Email the whole board? Tighten up security?
Old 09-21-2020 | 12:02 PM
cooler2442
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ben-uvgt3rs
Posting this so you guys can be more careful and learn from this instance.

Posted a Want To Buy on the marketplace for a JCR Titanium Race Pipe, was up for a few days, got a reply from user "ca993twin" https://rennlist.com/forums/members/...ca993twin.html

Figured it was legit, member since 03', 8500 posts, etc.

Was sent pictures of the exhaust which were pretty convincing. Saw some posts up for sale of some 991.2 GT3 Parts and I figured everything was legit this guy's just offloading his car and bringing it back to stock.

Ok. Then I text message the number attatched. Number matches all the previous posts dating back to May. Get a reply within a few minutes.

Everything up until this point is going well. I explain to him my situation, how the dealer damaged my exhaust so I have to get a new one.

He explained that he's offloading the car, this exhaust is too loud for the wife, getting the new G63, the story lines up completely.

First red flag... Sent him a payment through Zelle. I figured this guy has 8500 posts and has been a rennlist member for almost 2 decades no way he's going to pull something.

The payment gets returned instantly. I try again. Same thing.

I reach back out to him telling him his bank isn't accepting it and he sends his "work phone" and the payment goes through.

He asks for my shipping address and that's the conversation.

The following day I get a message with the tracking number and an apology regarding why it didn't go out the next day... he was busy at work. Fine. I said no problem.

A day goes by, two days, a week goes by and I check back in every few days. Nothing.

I do a reverse search of the "work" phone number / email he provided and it comes out to a Hasan Chowdury who has been scamming on the rolex forums, rennlist under a few different accounts.

He's been hacking people's accounts and selling people car parts as well as watches across the web and not fulfilling the sales.

I call the work phone and he picks up. He asks who is this and I told him I'm from Rennlist. Immediate hang up. Tried calling back a few more times and it led straight to voicemail.

Be careful out there!
Originally Posted by Jesse DaSilva
How has this not been dealt with? The same guy has been scamming people on here for months, including myself. Sorry you were a victim too.
@ rennlist, can someone put a forum-wide alert on this guy? Email the whole board? Tighten up security?
He got me as well, reported to Admins. Trying to see if my bank can do a charge back now(I did paypal F&F).
Old 09-21-2020 | 03:18 PM
Corrado79
Advanced

This is a good reminder that we should never do marketplace transactions with Friends & Family.
The following 3 users liked this post by Corrado79:
Darwantae951 (02-03-2021), Jay Wellwood (10-17-2020), TopPorscheFan (04-13-2021)
Old 10-17-2020 | 08:11 PM
mopdahl
Rennlist Member

Post his work #/contact #--before I ever send $$ I always check to see if the # is legit. If it is a burner I usually don't proceed, and the scammers tend to have their #s flagged online in other forums as they hit multiple sites at once.

I've rarely had a WTB work out--just too many scammers.
Old 02-02-2021 | 11:31 AM
981/911
Rennlist Member

He just scammed me. Can u send me the "work number"?
Old 02-02-2021 | 04:29 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

I would call his employer and let him know what's going on.
Old 02-03-2021 | 06:58 PM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Can we all agree that marketplace transactions must be goods and services? Buyer and seller split the cost (5%), as it's insurance for both of them.
The following users liked this post:
911LeeN (02-03-2021)
Old 02-04-2021 | 11:08 AM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Recently bought a few items and I insisted on paying the PP fees for some protection. Also insisted seller post my name and address on product and send pix. Last guy sent video of product with audio describing our conversation.
Legitimate sellers seems to understand and don't mind. It's awkward to ask for but I won't send money without it.

Doesn't some element of what he is doing constitute repeated mail fraud? Can't that be prosecuted!
Old 02-08-2021 | 03:48 PM
Corrado79
Advanced

This guy needs to be reported to the proper authorities.
Old 02-08-2021 | 08:37 PM
EVOMMM
Rennlist Member

Someone should post his work place and address maybe someone here who is more computer literate then myself
I would love to see him exposed to the world
Mike
Old 02-16-2021 | 01:01 AM
Mar48
Banned

Lesson: Only pay using protected methods (PayPal - Goods/Services or eBay), if you can't or don't want to pay the 3% fee, then move on.

I see too many scammer posts... this one is definitely different in that you did your due diligence, thanks for posting. It's important to know people can get hacked.

Quick Reply: Free: Scammed by Hacked Rennlist Account Hasan Chowdury