For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: 2006 BMW 325i in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2020 | 11:45 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 2006 BMW 325i in Maryland

I have posted elsewhere about how the motor blew in my 996, and I sold it as a roller. So I don't have a Porsche, and I don't plan to buy another until my son is out of college. About three years ago I purchased a 2006 BMW 325i as my daily driver. With the Porsche gone, I decided to sell the BMW as well, and replace them with a newer, semi-interesting daily driver. To that end, I purchased a 2017 GTI. So the BMW is up for sale.

At this time my price is $5,000 firm. When I run it through KBB online that comes up in the middle of the private party range, and I think I can get that amount for this car. If the market proves me wrong, I will reconsider.

Pictures in following posts.

VIN: WBAVB17596NH93513
I suggest you put that into a BMW VIN decoder to see some stats and options.
As I type, the odometer reads 152,968 miles.
Monaco Blue Metallic on the outside, Dakota Gray on the inside
6-speed manual gearbox
Sport package
I have put four new Continental Extreme Contact all-season tires on the car since purchase.
I will include in the sale an extra set of wheels with snow tires that I purchased in late 2017.

The good
I have been very happy driving the car over the last three years. It runs very well, and that straight six is like butter. I am pretty OCD about my cars, and I think it is in very nice shape. The car was in very good condition when I purchased it with 109K miles, and other than the added time and miles, I have the car looking better today than it was then. I have replaced some of the interior trim, purchased new floor mats, replaced the headliner, and more of that sort of thing.

It has a lovely 6-speed manual transmission!

The bad
Not much. There are some chips/nicks in the paint, especially on the front bumper. It is a 14-year-old car.
I know of two things that don't work:
1. The automatic folding of the side mirrors got flaky with the driver's side mirror not parking in the right spot. I disabled this feature by snipping a wire in each mirror.
2. The rear sunshade doesn't want to go back down if you raise it. It is in the down position, and this is something I never would have used even if it was working.

Good or bad, you decide
It seems that with these cars there are problems that commonly arise after 100K miles. Perhaps that's why the PO was ready to sell at 109K! Here are the things I have done since I have owned the car. I did all the following repairs myself. It is up to you to interpret this as either, "Those BMW's have a lot of problems," or "Mark covered most of the issues on this car, and now it is good to go for a while."

Since owning the car I have changed the engine oil and filter every 5K miles, using Mobil 1 5W-30.

109K Replaced rear differential input seal. A leak at this seal was noted on the PPI. I fixed it.

119K Replaced rear dampers. The upper mount on one had gone bad, so I replaced both.

121K Replaced the water pump and thermostat. The electric water pump failed.

131K Replaced the oil filter housing gasket. Annapolis BMW noticed the leak during a recall service. They quoted me something over $500 for the repair. I did it myself with a $30 gasket and about 90 minutes of my time.

135K Replaced the radiator and various hoses, along with the serpentine belt. The radiator was leaking, and I replaced the hoses and belts while I was in there.

146K Replaced gearbox, clutch, and starter. My son did something to the gearbox while driving the car--I think he took out the 3rd gear synchro. I replaced the gearbox with a used gearbox. While I was in there I installed a new clutch kit and a new starter.

146K Replaced valve cover gasket, camshaft sensor, ignition coils, and spark plugs. While replacing the gearbox I noticed a bit of a leak from the VCG. While replacing the VCG I went ahead and installed the other parts.

The car came from the factory with aluminum trim on the interior. When I got the car there were scuffs on some of the aluminum panels, and I thought the aluminum along with the light gray was somewhat monotonous. So I replaced the aluminum trim with some wood trim panels that are in excellent condition. I've never really been a wood trim person. Perhaps another sign that I am getting older?

Last edited by Mark Hubley; 08-31-2020 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Uploaded pictures

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2006 BMW 325i in Maryland