For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: 18 inch Carrera II Style Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 11:31 PM
GeorgeCo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 18 inch Carrera II Style Wheels

OK, one more time. I thought these were sold, but they've been returned, so they're up for sale again. This is a used set of four, 18 inch Carrera II style wheels. Sizes are 18x8ET50; and 18x10ET65. I had been using these wheels for the last five years with winter tires. As seen in the photos these are not OE wheels. There are two ways to tell they are not OE: 1.) They do not have Porsche part numbers; and 2.) One of the wheels has this stamp stating such on the inside:

I originally bought these about five years ago. One of the original front wheels was replaced soon thereafter and the other succumbed to a pothole in NJ two years ago. So both of the front wheels are newer than the rears and in better condition. I don't know how old the rear wheels are, but they have been repainted several times and aren't quite as shiny or nice as the fronts. I recently touched them up again as one was chipped from the last failed transaction. (You may want to add another layer of clear to the rears before mounting tires, to minimize the chance of damaging them.) I used them on my 2000 996 with 7mm spacers and they looked great. From five feet you really can't tell the difference from front to rear, but when they're next to each other, you can definitely tell the fronts look better.

These would make great track or winter wheels -- you aren't going to win any shows with these. And if you have TPMS, it looks like only three of them are designed for TPMS -- the photos show the one that isn't. [I don't know if that isn't one of life's many problems that can be solved with an angle grinder, but I don't want to be the one to try.]

Asking price $600 for the set. (I'll break up the set if the price is right too.) You can pick them up in Mt. Airy MD or I can deliver them between McLean VA and Columbia MD, but I'm not going to ship them again. PM if interested or more questions. I also have the winter tires if anyone is interested.

These photos were taken this week after the touch-up mentioned above.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:16 PM
GeorgeCo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Still available.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 18 inch Carrera II Style Wheels