For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: 991 Turbo S Track Suspension (Custom) for stock shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 02:07 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts
Default FS: 991 Turbo S Track Suspension (Custom) for stock shocks

This is a custom suspension system for the 991 Turbo S.

I won't publish spring rates but will share the info with the buyer. This is the product of testing multiple other options, alignments and corner weights, tire sets (Pirelli Trofeo R, MPSC2, Hoosiers, PZero, RE71R).

My 991 Turbo S went from the stock suspension to the H&R lowering springs. The car looks good, but handling is extremely soft (and so is the stock car). The H&R is more for looks than for go.

The 2nd iteration (what I have in the car now) was a more involving setup. The system was developed by KW in Germany, it allows ride height adjustment per corner (like my GT3RS), the spring rates are much firmer, using Tarett Engineering front camber plates we were able to reach the camber targets that could not be achieved with the H&R setup. I was very happy with this setup, but given the KW spring design, the largest front tire I could use was a 245 Trofeo R (wider than the stock PZero or MPSS 245) and a 235 Hoosier.

I had a suspension shop determine the ideal spring rates for a car driven mostly on the streets, but capable to run on a racetrack and minimizing the changes on dynamic camber.

The system is brand new, never installed. You get a lot of hours spent into determining ideal spring rates, and the right combination of components. The springs are HyperCo (these and Swift are the most accurate springs available), there are torrington bearings for the rear axle, isolators, and helpers that fully compress with the car at rest. On my 991 GT3 RS, any front wheel lift or unload can make the stock springs loose and bounce on the mounts, this 991 Turbo S system keeps the springs tight to the mounts.

Corner balance is possible with a single lower spring perche rotation at each corner, and the spring perches lock with a hex bolt.

This system allows the use of the stock shocks, so there are no error messages regarding PASM or shocks errors, and the associated limp mode that disables PTV+, throttle maps, prevents TC/SC to be disabled and who knows what else goes limp when the electronic shocks are disconnected.

Price: $2000. Shipping included to Continental U.S. via UPS Ground

Last edited by A/S; 07-31-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: details
Old 05-22-2018, 01:12 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
This is a custom suspension system for the 991 Turbo S.

I won't publish spring rates but will share the info with the buyer. This is the product of testing multiple other options, alignments and corner weights, tire sets (Pirelli Trofeo R, MPSC2, Hoosiers, PZero, RE71R).

My 991 Turbo S went from the stock suspension to the H&R lowering springs. The car looks good, but handling is extremely soft (and so is the stock car). The H&R is more for looks than for go.

The 2nd iteration (what I have in the car now) was a more involving setup. The system was developed by KW in Germany, it allows ride height adjustment per corner (like my GT3RS), the spring rates are much firmer, using Tarett Engineering front camber plates we were able to reach the camber targets that could not be achieved with the H&R setup. I was very happy with this setup, but given the KW spring design, the largest front tire I could use was a 245 Trofeo R (wider than the stock PZero or MPSS 245) and a 235 Hoosier.

I had a suspension shop determine the ideal spring rates for a car driven mostly on the streets, but capable to run on a racetrack and minimizing the changes on dynamic camber.

The system is brand new, never installed. You get a lot of hours spent into determining ideal spring rates, and the right combination of components. The springs are HyperCo (these and Swift are the most accurate springs available), there are torrington bearings for the rear axle, isolators, and helpers that fully compress with the car at rest. On my 991 GT3 RS, any front wheel lift or unload can make the stock springs loose and bounce on the mounts, this 991 Turbo S system keeps the springs tight to the mounts.

Corner balance is possible with a single lower spring perche rotation at each corner, and the spring perches lock with a hex bolt.

This system allows the use of the stock shocks, so there are no error messages regarding PASM or shocks errors, and the associated limp mode that disables PTV+, throttle maps, prevents TC/SC to be disabled and who knows what else goes limp when the electronic shocks are disconnected.

Price: $1800. Shipping included to Continental U.S. via UPS Ground

How do you know this works and how it drives when it was never installed?
Old 05-27-2018, 04:43 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargt63
How do you know this works and how it drives when it was never installed?
Parts have been designed and tested for the 991 Turbo S already last year, by one of the top Porsche aftermarket part manufacturer: ERP Racing. The springs rates differ, but they are based on the KW spring rates and actual measurements to improve over the KW set. The main gain in this kit is the ability to run wider front tires. The Turbo S needs a lot of front grip (it has massive understeer at the limits at medium speeds turns, below 50mph).

Both my stock suspension C7Z06 and 991 GT3 RS ride harder than my TTS, so this kit would still preserve the comfort of the 991 Turbo S (and the reason why it is the car I drive the most).

The KW kit requires custom camber plates if you need more than -1.5 degrees camber, so it actually costs more and is not as well engineered as this kit (but still good, just some binding noise at the limits due to the lack of bearings).

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 991 Turbo S Track Suspension (Custom) for stock shocks