For Sale Ads - (Member to Member FS/WTB/Free)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Silver Rocket
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale: FS: 991.1 Turbo S Kline Inconel Race muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 01:42 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts
Default FS: 991.1 Turbo S Kline Inconel Race muffler

This is a one of kind system built by Kline for maximum performance based on specification from ByDesign.

The entire system is made from Inconel. It is the lightest possible exhaust for a 991 Turbo S. My 991 Turbo S with this exhaust, a Porsche Lithium battery, low fuel and forged wheels weighed 3,388 lbs on certified race scales. Most Turbo S weigh over 3,600 lbs. A 991.1 GT3 RS with a full load of fuel, steel brakes and power seats weighs 3,369 lbs.

The Inconel tubing on this system is not found in any of the Kline other offerings in Steel or Inconel. This is a 76mm system from inlets to outlets (3" Inconel pipes).

The system is catless, so you will need a tune to prevent a CEL, or the FabSpeed mini-catalytic converters (that I use in my 991 GT3RS) to prevent the CEL without a tune. I ran this exhaust without a tune and the CEL came when the car had almost 200 miles on it.

The exhaust was on my car for less than 1,500 miles.

No idea how much power this exhaust makes, because my car has headers, IPD Y-pipe, IPD plenum, intercoolers, diverter valves, airbox, but it is drastically more powerful than my stock 991 Turbo S which I felt under-powered from day 1.

I'm selling the exhaust at almost half price of what I paid for it.

The stock 991 Turbo S muffler + cats is quite heavy, almost 50 lbs. I do have the lighter Tubi Style with Sport Cats as well (selling it too) and that's almost 40 lbs. The Kline system is a little under 15 lbs with all the clamps needed to install it.

Sound quality, the best of any 991 Turbo I have heard, the Sport/Sport+ button changes the induction sound and increases the idle RPM so this makes the exhaust a little louder.

I had a set of stainless steel turn down pipes (not for sale, I threw them away), to pass a 100 dB sound limit, and this exhaust passed with the turn downs. Turn downs typically drop 2-3 db. My bone stock 991 GT3 RS system blows 100.x dB at full throttle and 50ft from the meter. This is to give an idea on the loudness on this system.

The outlets have the design of the 997.2 GT2 RS. Kline found better performance on these outlet types compared with the stock twin outlets (and so did AWE Tuning).

Price: $4,800 includes shipping to continental U.S. via UPS Ground.

No sound clips available. The exhaust combined with the Kline headers produces a lot of noticeable mechanical sounds, at regular speeds there is more valvetrain sound outside.

Turbo lag gets reduced a lot. When I put back my stock mufflers, I noticed a lethargic throttle response and turbo lag, I just forgot how the stock muffler equipped 991 Turbo S drove.

Last edited by A/S; 07-31-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:39 PM
400exr1
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any drone with this system? Any leak at the bend in the exhaust? Was the tip hitting the bumper? I have a stage 4 car with inconnel headers. This may be a good fit.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:47 PM
A/S
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 131 Posts

The drone is minimal and not annoying at all, somewhere between 2400rpm-2800rpm. My 991 GT3 RS has more drone than my TTS with this exhaust and Kline Inconel headers (stock Ti center muffler, stock headers, stock cats, side muffler delete), and it still perfectly fine on street driving.

I once had the GT3 RS with my sharkwerks center bypass and the side muffler delete (FVD) and that drone was not something I could handle, the dashboard would make vibration noises, too much.

No leaks anywhere. The right side outlet (when rounded) tend had a little play despite of having the clamp fully tightened, even with double clamps, and that play made it touch the bumper. I can have a muffler shop round them again, but it will have that play again. The way it is now, it doesn't move, and it doesn't touch the bumper at all. The exhaust is fully assembled and ready to install.

This exhaust was designed for Maximum performance, Turbo cars don't need back pressure, the more flow the more the Turbos can spin and compress intake air. You need a Cobb tuner to get the maximum benefits on this exhaust, Sam @ ByDesign has the maps (I have them too, but won't sell the Cobb Accessport just yet, until I find my car replacement for my 991.1 Turbo S).

If by chances, I end up trading for a 991.2 Turbo S (my 2nd option, as I'm looking for a reasonable priced 488), this exhaust and the Kline headers won't be longer for sale.

Quick Reply: For Sale: FS: 991.1 Turbo S Kline Inconel Race muffler