Events A place to announce events of interest

World Roadshow

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Operator
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Roadshow

Anyone going to one of the upcoming northeast Porsche World Roadshow dates (Monticello or NJMP)? I missed my chance for registration and now the events are full. If someone is already registered but doesn't have a guest spot registered and is willing to help a fellow enthusiast out please shoot me a PM. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:58 AM
williamr91
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you get a invite from someone. I went to the Detroit one on Saturday. It was quite an enjoyable time, wish the lead, follow was a bit longer in each car, but for free it was a blast. The new Cayman GTS was very well sorted, still could use a bit more power, but it was quicker through the bends than the 991 Targa 4s and acceleration was only about 2 mph down on the first uphill 20-100ish straight (start of the 'track'). Although the Boxster GTS and Targa 4s where both very nice as well. We had the "Hot Lap" with a instructor in a 911 Turbo, hit about 130 on the same straight and the turns about 130as well, you can really feel the rear wheel steer turning the car.

On the auto cross we drove a Panamera GTS and Macan Turbo, the size of the GTS really showed around the short course, its a great car, but not a track car unless it is all straight lol. The Macan T wasn't what I expected as I had (995 S and tt) and love the Cayenne's. It felt floaty and the rear end bounced under hard braking, if that makes sense. I was thinking about one in the next few years, but am not any more. Still the best small suv on the market though.

Quick Reply: World Roadshow