Events A place to announce events of interest

SoCal PCA Gimmick Rally - November 2, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 AM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SoCal PCA Gimmick Rally - November 2, 2013

Looking for an event to drive your Porsche around Los Angeles?

The San Gabriel Valley Porsche club is organzing a fun gimmick rally on Saturday, November 2. With the 6 month countdown underway, the effort is underway to get the word out so that people can start reserving time on calendars. We're hoping to get a good turnout so appreciate your interest or sharing the info with anybody you think might interested. The gimmick rally will be a photo/trivia rally with locations around Los Angeles that are somehow related to automobiles, aviation or aerospace. No particular knowledge will be required and this will not be a competitive rally with stopwatches and odometers. Locations will be up to the participants, so you won't have to go to locations deemed unsuitable by the participants.

There is no need to be a PCA member or become otherwise involved in PCA events. The hosting club is a Porsche club, but entry is open to all.

There is lots of info on the blog set up just for the event - http://rallya3.wordpress.com. You can also download a pdf flyer on the website. Feel free to share both liberally. I'm trying to expand the participation beyond the standard PCA club group and infuse the event with some energy. Happy to answer any questions or provide any other info at any time. If you think you might be interested, let me know and I'll keep you posted with further details as we get closer. No committment at this point.

Yes, this invite is going to be cross posted in other places, so apologies for the duplication if you've already seen elsewhere.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

5 month reminder. PM me or check out the blog for more info.

Photo attached of Porsche cart seen at the Nurburgring just for kicks...
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 AM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!

Find lots more details and updates on the rally blog at http://rallya3.wordpress.com.

We're going to be launching from the Petersen Automotive Museum and there are 60+ potential stops - most with an aviation, automobile or aerospace theme.

Open to all - Porsches old and new, PCA members and non-members, even those with marques other than Porsches.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 PM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Bump - would love to get more of the RL family to join in the fun. We are also happy to have Bentley Publishing contribute an advance copy of the new 993 service manual as a prize, so there are some cool incentives beyond the fun of the hunt.

Check out the rally blog at http://rallya3.wordpress.com and come along for the fun. All are welcome - any make or model of Porsche as well as non-P cars. Let me know if you have questions!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:46 PM
2thdoc
Rennlist Member

I'll be there and two of my friends with Vipers will be joining us too.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 PM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Excellent! All are welcome.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:33 AM
kevin993
Rennlist Member

Bump - I have an advance copy of the new Bentley 993 manual sitting right in front of me. If you're a SoCal 993 owner, this is a chance to win it and take it home with you on Saturday. Even if you're not a 993 owner, come on out and have some fun!

Quick Reply: SoCal PCA Gimmick Rally - November 2, 2013