Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Front Temporary License Plate at Leipzig

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:38 AM
northof49
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did a delivery there in august on a cayman. as stated above was velcro style. looked fine. did not notice anyone else having tape
Old 10-19-2017, 12:54 AM
pefman
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tie Wrap

I picked up my GT4 at Leipzig last year. I took a attachment for the toe hook, but they said if it is not square in the middle, I might get stopped and fined. They tie wrapped it to the centre mesh. I just kept an eye on temps but never had a problem, even on extremely hot days. Worked great!

Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 1388
Size:  896.5 KB
Old 01-15-2018, 09:20 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

i have a march 2018 Leipzig delivery. My plan was to take the car immediately to the PFF location there as the car will stay in europe until summer. how does the PFF work with the attached license plate? can you ask them NOT to put on the license plate so that the pff shop can do their work?

Also.. regarding pff install. it seems like teh only solution is to pick up the car early in the morning, take it to pff shop and leave it there for 2 days, then take a rental car back to the facility and do the track driving etc.. is that correct? i just discovered this ED forum and am in the process of reading it.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:44 PM
pefman
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

For me, they picked us up at the hotel at 8:00am to take us to the facility. After introductions, etc, I had track time. Then they presented the car to me and the guy who accompanied me on the track showed me all the features, etc. Then we had lunch, followed by a factory tour. So if your schedule is similar, the best bet would be to take your new car to the ppf place in the afternoon and then taxi back to the hotel. Maybe skip the factory tour part.

If you can have them either tie-wrap the plate to a front grill as they did for me, or if they let you install a tow-hook plate mount, you won't have to do anything for the ppf guys. I guess it depends on which model you are getting.

By the way, my wife and I loved the whole experience and want to do it again.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Tow hook mount worked perfectly on RS.
It was nicer than the tie wrap to grill they did on the Macan.

Wish I was planning another ED!
Old 01-17-2018, 01:47 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

i keep reading on other parts of the forum that others had the pff done by porsche.. which would be A-Mazing to not have to wait for two days for crea-signs in leipzig to work on my car. not sure why the info seems to be so different, as others haven't had this option. i'm asking Jaimie (who seems to be on holiday until 25th for MLK day observation) as soon as back from vacay.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Have April pick up in Leipzig. PCNA told me Leipzig uses double sided Velcro tape now for front plates.

Quick Reply: Front Temporary License Plate at Leipzig