Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Shocking news..free car wash by hand..

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Shocking news..free car wash by hand..

I'm dropping my ED 911 tomorrow at the shipper in Sindelfingen for return shipment. After nearly 3000km, the car was filthy. I stopped by yesterday at the Porsche Zentrum Stuttgart dealership to inquire about getting the car washed today while I toured the factory and the museum. Much to my shock, they hand washed the car and charged nothing for the service. After spending $200 do get laundry done at the Hilton in Munich, I couldn't believe my good fortune. The is the largest Porsche dealer I've ever encountered or imagined. They are privately owned and right across the street from the Porsche Museum.

Now I have a perfectly clean car to drop off and inspect with the shipping company representative prior to signing off on the shipment.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:31 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,289 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Thanks for the tip! I am picking up my 911 in Leipzig in 2 weeks and also dropping off in Sindelfingen. I've been to that dealership when I did my ED in 2013. It is huge!
Old 06-25-2017, 10:41 AM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a great tip! thanks!
Old 06-25-2017, 02:32 PM
ChromeBumper
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't wash mine in Leipzig. I came by the dealer just after it arrived and they pointed out some minor damage from ship tie-down straps and immediately took responsibility. I noticed the road dirt on the car and a little mud inside (it was raining on drop-off day). The next day the dealer detailed it and even filled my empty tank. They also peeled off my Swiss and Austrian toll stickers but pulled them intact out of the trash for me. It's silly, but I look at those stickers all the time and remember a wonderful trip.

My suggestion is to drop it empty and dirty. It will probably be re-delivered to you clean and full of (much less expensive) gas. Also, let the dealer know if you want to keep any window stickers. It would probably be prudent to take a bunch of detailed pictures at their facility (so the car shouldn't be that filthy) after handing over the key in case of disputed damage claims but as I said I had no problem.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:55 PM
LOUISSSSS
Intermediate

that's pretty nice of them, I shoulve asked when I parked my car in their parking lot to walk around that dealership and check out their accessories store. I also stopped by the Stuttgart museum and did a self-guided tour, which they gave me for free saving me 40 Euro when I told them I was there doing ED.

My car was also filthy. I did a self wash at a touchless car wash place near Leipzig when returning the car. It involved inserting coins for pressurized water, then for soap, then for water again. worked pretty nice and no scratches on the car! I spend like 8 Euro on that, but got kind of wet
Old 06-27-2017, 01:51 AM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find it weird they don't clean the car as part of the program.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:32 AM
ChromeBumper
Cruisin'

There's probably not much sense making it too pretty before the truck+ship+truck ride unless it's dirty enough to be worried about corrosion (do they use salt?) or hiding damage. My dealer detailed it inside and out and topped off the gas tank before my second delivery.

Originally Posted by djantlive
I find it weird they don't clean the car as part of the program.

Quick Reply: Shocking news..free car wash by hand..