Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

911 Turbo ED allocations?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 09:41 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts
Default 911 Turbo ED allocations?

A Canadian dealer told me that I will not be able to get a ED allocation for a 911 TTS till next year. I know that TTS are rather limited availability in Canada now, but this sounds like a BS to me. Is it? Any reason a dealer would not want to do ED and would try to BS me into a normal delivery?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:31 AM
slamako
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange.

I was informed that currently, they are booking into August for ED. It sounds like regardless of car, guaranteed spots are being booked at this time.

Given that I've advanced planned this trip, my plan is to pickup in September/October.
I suggest getting a second opinion.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:31 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Any reason a dealer would not want to do ED and would try to BS me into a normal delivery?
Yes. Assuming that the dealers in Canada operate ED under the same rules as those here in the USA. Dealers here pay $3k for each ED car. The cost is accrued to the dealership, not the actual transaction, so at least the salesperson doesn't get hosed. Read my ED adventure (link in my sig below). I ended up paying for ED myself.

Hi Max! We miss you, buddy.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Allocations are no different for ED or dealer pickup. What matters is the allocation month. It needs to be around 1-2 months prior to the desired delivery date ideally to account for the minimum time and the maximum storage length possible.

If the dealer or sales person hasn't done one before, they might think it is a pain but it is pretty easy. You can do most of the legwork and can assure them of that or PCL can work with the dealer to educate them on the process. All they have to do is add the option to the car and make sure PCL gets paid for the invoice before you go on your trip to pick it up (so you pay the dealer, dealer pays PCL invoice).

Check around at other dealers for an allocation or press them to find an allocation for you (they may reach out to their regional manager but there is no guarantee they'll have anything to give them).

You can always ask for a courtesy delivery (dealers must agree) upon the car returning to Canada.

Dates can actually be booked through June for Leipzig currently. Zuffenhausen still not re-opened yet. Leipzig factory closure is mid-July. Sept/Oct shouldn't be a problem for Leipzig but you'll want to get your name penciled in so PCL can plan to get you a spot.

Usually best to reach out to your dealer and go through the process like that but you can also contact PCL directly at European.Delivery@porsche.ca
Old 02-20-2017, 05:12 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

I spoke with another dealer, who confirmed (indirectly) that it was BS and there are ED slots available for June and July, as long as I can get May allocation (waiting for it now). Fingers crossed, I can do June ED.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:15 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Yes. Assuming that the dealers in Canada operate ED under the same rules as those here in the USA. Dealers here pay $3k for each ED car. The cost is accrued to the dealership, not the actual transaction, so at least the salesperson doesn't get hosed. Read my ED adventure (link in my sig below). I ended up paying for ED myself.

Hi Max! We miss you, buddy.
I miss everyone as well. But I will be back, at least as far as track adventures come. My GT3 is still in SF. Have been working on something big and time-consuming for the past 6 months - got to make money to pay for those tires :-)
Old 02-24-2017, 10:49 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I spoke with another dealer, who confirmed (indirectly) that it was BS and there are ED slots available for June and July, as long as I can get May allocation (waiting for it now). Fingers crossed, I can do June ED.
So was it BS, or did this particular dealer run out of 2017 allocations?

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo ED allocations?