Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

No more drop offs in Zuffenhausen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 02:30 AM
roup1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No more drop offs in Zuffenhausen?

I am picking up my car on 7/5 and dropping off on 7/27. I just received the following email from the ED department at PCNA:

Due to capacity challenges, European Delivery vehicles can no longer be returned back to the Porsche factory in Zuffenhausen. You are receiving this notice because your drop-off location has been indicated as Zuffenhausen.

If your travel plans have you returning to Stuttgart, please use the Sindelfingen drop-off location instead of Zuffenhausen. Porsche Cars North America has made arrangements for this drop-off alternative at no cost to you.

You may choose to return your vehicle to a different remote drop-off location at your own expense (list of locations and pricing attached).

About Sindelfingen drop-offs at Simovic Car Service, an authorized agent for BLG Car Shipping:
Regular business hours are 9AM-4PM, Monday through Friday. No appointment necessary during regular business hours.
After-hours and weekend returns can be made by appointment. Please let us know what date/time you will drop-off so that we can arrange the appointment.
Sindelfingen is located about 30-40 minutes away from STR airport. For Sindelfingen drop-offs, a taxi voucher will be provided, good for anywhere in the Sindelfingen/Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen area.
This experienced partner and authorized drop off agent also handles European Delivery drop-offs for a number of other major German auto manufacturers.
S.C.S Simovic-Car-Service
agency for BLG Car Shipping GmbH & Co.KG
Am Hirnach 6
71065 Sindelfingen
phone: +49(0)7031 - 866 161-17

Action items: If you plan to drop off on a weekend or hours outside of 9AM-4PM Mon-Fri, please reply with your desired appointment date and time so we may arrange this for you. OR, if you plan to change your drop-off location to another alternate location from our list, please let us know the date and city for our records. You will need to coordinate your drop-off plans with that location directly.

Porsche Cars North America will handle all communications with the Sindelfingen drop off location on your behalf, please reach out to us directly.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, thank you for your understanding and flexibility. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Sincerely,
Your Porsche European Delivery Team

Porsche European Delivery Program
Porsche Cars North America

One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Phone: 770.290.3500
Fax: 770.290.0483
Email: european.delivery@porsche.us
Old 06-08-2016, 09:23 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Has been this way for a little while given construction at the factory. Sindelfingen is close and does ED dropoffs for BMW and others. I'm doing the same and not crazy about it but only other choice is to return to Leipzig if you want to drop directly with Porsche.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:33 AM
roup1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm disappointed by this as well. I dropped off a BMW at the Sindelfingen location in 2012. They were nice enough but the facility was small, crammed with cars and left much to be desired!
Old 06-10-2016, 12:40 AM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dropped mine last month at that location. Not a big deal. They take good care of your car. Who cares what the place looks like?

ps. The ship carrying my car just docked at the port in Jacksonville a few minutes ago...
Old 06-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd missed this but just posted a separate thread above re the delays at Zuff Werk due to construction.
https://rennlist.com/forums/european...f-for-now.html
Looks like my car might be an additional 3 weeks' delayed and if I'd known would happily have gone to Sindelfingen.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:42 AM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Has been this way for a little while given construction at the factory. Sindelfingen is close and does ED dropoffs for BMW and others. I'm doing the same and not crazy about it but only other choice is to return to Leipzig if you want to drop directly with Porsche.
How. Was your experience? (If you have done it, that is). I'm planning ED for an RS in November and am having anxiety about dropping off with other than Porsche directly, as well. Thinking, perhaps of just doing a small loop around Leipzig instead...
Old 08-31-2016, 12:50 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't sweat it. Sindelfingen ships out Porsches all the time now. Search 'Blue Baron' to read about my experience in that thread.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:51 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

^ I dropped in Munich at LOGINOUT at the airport. Very convenient and the woman there was quick and professional. I should have my car within the next week, so not sure if there was any issue but don't expect any. I would do it again given the convenience and how nice MUC airport compared to FRA.

Quick Reply: No more drop offs in Zuffenhausen?