Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Lake Como Area and Venice Recos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:36 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Lake Como Area and Venice Recos?

Planning to visit Venice and the Lake Como area. Looking for hotel recommendations that have secure, safe parking for a beloved 911. (Been hearing horror stories, especially around Lake Como.)

Recos please! TIA
Old 06-02-2016, 03:49 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi TC,

As far as Venice is concerned, I believe the best that you will be able to do is parking at the train station. All of the hotels are accessed by boat via canals. There might be one or 2 that you can get to be foot via bridges that cross a canal. In Lake Como, stayed in Bellagio at the Hotel Belvedere. Great hotel with a private outdoor parking lot for the hotel. There was alot of space. The hotel sets on top of a hill - with a great view. About of 5 minute walk to walk into the city centre.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:03 PM
sno_duc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We stayed here in 2010.
http://www.villagraziella.com/
It's on the mainland, there is a bus stop a couple of blocks away, short 15 minute ride to Venice.
Quiet side street and they have gated parking.

Between the hotel and the bus stop is a grocery store, water in the store was € 0.75 for a 1.5 liter bottle in Venice more like € 2.00 for .75 liter bottle.

Como, go to Bellagio, but not by "road", take the ferry.
The "road" to Bellagio is two way and narrower than most peoples driveways, not for the faint of heart.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:44 AM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

We just stayed in the Lake Como area a few weeks ago - in Cernobbio, which is on the west 'leg' of the lake close to Como.
We found a wonderful Airbnb with a garage. PM me if you'd like the link, or you can search for it - the host is Vittorio.
On the plus side, the room we had was a beautiful loft with an amazing view of the lake. It included a very safe, wide space in a 2 car, secure garage.
On the minus side, it's a good ways up the hill and the tiny little road where the house is located is very narrow. My wife walked in front of the car to make sure nothing was coming around a blind corner!
We left the car parked during our short stay and either walked or took taxis.

Patrick
Old 06-03-2016, 12:49 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brake dust
Hi TC, As far as Venice is concerned, I believe the best that you will be able to do is parking at the train station. All of the hotels are accessed by boat via canals. There might be one or 2 that you can get to be foot via bridges that cross a canal. In Lake Como, stayed in Bellagio at the Hotel Belvedere. Great hotel with a private outdoor parking lot for the hotel. There was alot of space. The hotel sets on top of a hill - with a great view. About of 5 minute walk to walk into the city centre.
Thanks Brake Dust. Definitely want to park the car somewhere safe. Will definitely check out Hotel Belvedere.

Originally Posted by sno_duc
We stayed here in 2010. http://www.villagraziella.com/ It's on the mainland, there is a bus stop a couple of blocks away, short 15 minute ride to Venice. Quiet side street and they have gated parking. Between the hotel and the bus stop is a grocery store, water in the store was € 0.75 for a 1.5 liter bottle in Venice more like € 2.00 for .75 liter bottle. Como, go to Bellagio, but not by "road", take the ferry. The "road" to Bellagio is two way and narrower than most peoples driveways, not for the faint of heart.
Villa Graziella might very well suit the ticket, sno_duc. Just saw its kid friendly too. Thanks much and very much hope to meet you in Stuttgart.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:52 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pattymac
We just stayed in the Lake Como area a few weeks ago - in Cernobbio, which is on the west 'leg' of the lake close to Como. We found a wonderful Airbnb with a garage. PM me if you'd like the link, or you can search for it - the host is Vittorio. On the plus side, the room we had was a beautiful loft with an amazing view of the lake. It included a very safe, wide space in a 2 car, secure garage. On the minus side, it's a good ways up the hill and the tiny little road where the house is located is very narrow. My wife walked in front of the car to make sure nothing was coming around a blind corner! We left the car parked during our short stay and either walked or took taxis. Patrick
PM sent Pattymac. Gracias!
Old 06-03-2016, 07:34 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sno_duc
We stayed here in 2010.
http://www.villagraziella.com/
It's on the mainland, there is a bus stop a couple of blocks away, short 15 minute ride to Venice.
Quiet side street and they have gated parking.

Between the hotel and the bus stop is a grocery store, water in the store was € 0.75 for a 1.5 liter bottle in Venice more like € 2.00 for .75 liter bottle.

Como, go to Bellagio, but not by "road", take the ferry.
The "road" to Bellagio is two way and narrower than most peoples driveways, not for the faint of heart.
Agree Sno-duc. As you get near Bellagio the road that follows the lake gets very narrow - fortunately not busy when we were there. Wonder if one of the inland roads is a less dramatic option.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:59 AM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Casta Diva Hotel. Private covered parking. Great views, first class, and Alvaro the concierge gets the best tables for dinner (not sure he is still there)
Old 06-06-2016, 05:18 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did Venice a few weeks ago with our 911. I have been there a couple dozen times with work. Call me if you have any questions...

Richard
678-689-5171
Old 06-07-2016, 12:58 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by juniordrums
We did Venice a few weeks ago with our 911. I have been there a couple dozen times with work. Call me if you have any questions... Richard 678-689-5171
Thanks Richard. Will take you up on that kind offer.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:35 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Vila D' Este was beautiful and very secure underground parking. Also we stayed on Lido island, took the Ferry over with the car and then a short 10 minute taxi boat ride to Venice.

Quick Reply: Lake Como Area and Venice Recos?