Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

C4 European Delivery April 2016

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016 | 07:01 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mb1
Did you see the one from yesterday? Heading back to Stuttgart today from Heidelberg.
Did indeed. Please keep 'em coming. Safe travels brotha.
Old 04-15-2016 | 10:29 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Just returned to the hotel in Stuttgart after driving from Heidelberg. Drop off was at the factory, followed by a visit to the Porsche Museum, which was closed on the Monday of my pickup. Drop off was uneventful. Once again, driving within Germany was a blast. I got more enjoyment out of driving fast on the unlimited highways than I did driving winding roads super conservatively. My itinerary ended up as follows:
Stuttgart
Lucerne
Grindelwald
Strasbourg
Heidelberg
Stuttgart
Short, but sweet. I'm sure there are umpteen equally, if not more interesting itineraries. Mine was limited by the 5 days I had. Some general comments are as follows:
-Overall, I was pleased that the itinerary wasn't over ambitious. I drove 1100 km over 5 days. It was about the right amount for me. (2-3.5 hour drive each day). Any more driving would have been burdensome and tiresome. We had enough time to explore these mid-tier (size wise) towns.
-Apple Play worked very well for the purposes of maps and playing music. I was fortunate to have a computer science major (son) in my car at all times, but I probably could have figured it out myself. When in Apple Play, the screen displayed the maps and they were pretty easy to follow. Not sure how I did it 18 years ago using paper maps. Keep in mind that as of now, you can't get the European navigation module on the Porsche itself, so Apple maps is the only way to go. (I suspect that the module will be available soon). Needless to say, Apple maps uses a lot of data. Buy a large data package from your carrier before traveling. ( I burned thru about 100 mb/day predominantly using the maps and little else)
A few pictures from Heidelberg and from the museum. Off to Edinburgh tomorrow and then Dublin (without the car).
Cheers,
MB
Attached Images       
Old 04-15-2016 | 12:32 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Love the post mortem. Great info!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and thanks for letting us share in it

Quick Reply: C4 European Delivery April 2016