Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Stuttgart XPEL Installer

Old 08-23-2018, 01:05 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Slip

Depending on how far you want to travel i can highly recommend the guys at Mattwerk: Mattwerk Facebook link they did my GT2RS after the factory collection. If you contact them they might be able to travel to Stuttgart.
Unfortunately that is out of the way from our plan. Thank you for the link however.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:42 PM
mickf16
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy M
I've been trying to set something up with this shop for the last two months. I'm taking delivery of my car the morning of Sept 21st. Alternatively I've been offered a delivery slot of the afternoon of Sept 20th. This Schwaben Folia place has said that they're booked with two cars and don't know if they can do another. They've been very unresponsive. What I'm looking for is a typical front end PPF and to have them pick up the car from the factory so they can get going on it while I'm doing the tour etc and pick up the car the next morning.
Randy, I’m also picking my GT3 RS up from Zuffenhausen on the morning of 21 Sep. I’ll see you there!! Tom P
Old 08-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by mickf16
Randy, I’m also picking my GT3 RS up from Zuffenhausen on the morning of 21 Sep. I’ll see you there!! Tom P
Well that's two RS's on the same day. There's another guy picking his up the same day. It's lizard green.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:07 PM
mickf16
Cruisin'

Ha!! Mine is Lizard Green too!! Guess there’s greater than a 60% chance an RS will be LG. Trying to talk my buddy into a Carrera T over all other of his options so I look forward to seeing your spec.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:25 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 931 Likes on 417 Posts

I'm picking mine up that day, I'm the other RS. mine is LG+WP+LG trim wheels, side decal delete; and you? What are your plans? I am heading down into the Alps for some driving, then up to Spa for 2 days of track fun. see you there!
Old 08-25-2018, 02:01 PM
mickf16
Cruisin'

Default My Spec & Plans

Awesome! Mine is LG + WP (green front hood, replaced by exposed CF under warranty) + PCCB, all leather options, standard color gauges. I’m going South to stay with family in Italy. Liechtenstein, (Maybe Monaco), Switzerland, Davos, Stelvio, Bormio, Bolzano, Cortina, Langorone, Barcis, Pian Cavallo, Pian Cansiglio (Alps, Dolomites, Apennines). As for track time, also Italian: Mugello & Imola. Eastern Italy and Austria for the return to Stuttgart. Can’t wait!!

Old 08-25-2018, 02:24 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 931 Likes on 417 Posts

Awesome! Mine is LG + WP (green front hood, replaced by exposed CF under warranty) + PCCB, all leather options, standard color gauges. I’m going South to stay with family in Italy. Liechtenstein, (Maybe Monaco), Switzerland, Davos, Stelvio, Bormio, Bolzano, Cortina, Langorone, Barcis, Pian Cavallo, Pian Cansiglio (Alps, Dolomites, Apennines). As for track time, also Italian: Mugello & Imola. Eastern Italy and Austria for the return to Stuttgart. Can’t wait!!

I havnt gotten an update yet on frunk; I truly hope I’m getting the painted one initially so it can get the wear and tear; then I’ll put it on the wall as a souvenir. A friend of mine is renting a Porsche at factory that day, then we are heading to Switzerland and then over to Italy and Austria. I think we will have the same path! Caravan perhaps? Funny
Old 08-26-2018, 02:16 PM
mickf16
Cruisin'

Default Caravan

I’m up for a caravan!! We’re leaving the following morning (22 Sep) and after Stelvio, heading East to spend the night in Bolzano or (if I’m not too tired and there’s daylight left) I’ll push through Langarone, to Barcis and over Pian Cavallo to our town of Sacile. I know the area well but didn’t get a hotel in Bolzano because I want to have the option to push straight through. Text me at 623-341-5441 (Tom) if you want to discuss further.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:10 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just found out from the Xpel German rep that SchwabenFolia Gmbh is no longer the preferred installer at the Stuttgart area. Supposedly Formel D is now the go to place at Stuttgart area. No experience with them yet. Waiting for a quote from them...
Old 11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo
Just found out from the Xpel German rep that SchwabenFolia Gmbh is no longer the preferred installer at the Stuttgart area. Supposedly Formel D is now the go to place at Stuttgart area. No experience with them yet. Waiting for a quote from them...
Any word?
Old 11-18-2018, 03:37 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

I ended not able to make an appt due to my schedule change. Praying for no rock chips....

i did drive from Stuttgart to Lake Konstance.... seems to be okay.

sorry can’t report on how Formel D is. However, Lars from Formel D was responsive and helpful in trying to help me schedule an appt.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

I'll definitely make an appointment for the day I pick up my car.
Last time I cracked my windshield in 4 places....
Old 11-22-2018, 05:15 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Here is the contact information that I received from Florine, regional manager for Xpel.

Formel D
i. A. Lars Berger
Project Manager
M +49 176 188 90 088
lars.berger@formeld.com

Formel K GmbH | Industriestraße 38 | DE-71272 Renningen

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'll definitely make an appointment for the day I pick up my car.
Last time I cracked my windshield in 4 places....
Old 12-15-2018, 03:33 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckuzzo

Here is the contact information that I received from Florine, regional manager for Xpel.

Formel D
i. A. Lars Berger
Project Manager
M +49 176 188 90 088
lars.berger@formeld.com

Formel K GmbH | Industriestraße 38 | DE-71272 Renningen
I sent an email to Schabenfolia, haven’t had a reply but I’m not in a hurry.
Picking up the car March 29.

is Formel D better, how far from the factory?

Old 12-18-2018, 03:50 AM
Chuckuzzo
Advanced

Schabenfolia is no longer the official Xpel installer. That’s what the rep told me back in Oct.

Now that Porsche is offering factory wrap on the 992, I suspect Formel D is their installer. German Xpel rep recommended them to me. But I never got around to commit to have Formel D work on my car last month. So I can’t comment on how they are. They were responsive to my queries though.

Doesnt hurt to to ask them.

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

I sent an email to Schabenfolia, haven’t had a reply but I’m not in a hurry.
Picking up the car March 29.

is Formel D better, how far from the factory?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuttgart XPEL Installer