Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Cover or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 10:01 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Cover or Not?

For those that have done ED or driven extensively through Europe, is using a car cover at nights advisable or inviting unwanted attention?

Debating whether or not to cover my Sapphire Blue GTS Targa while driving from Stuttgart to Barcelona.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:31 PM
juniordrums
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would definitely NOT cover it while you are driving from Stuttgart to Barcelona. It would not only block your view, but would likely blow off anyways. Perhaps consider covering it at night, after you are done driving...
Old 04-08-2016, 11:05 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by juniordrums
I would definitely NOT cover it while you are driving from Stuttgart to Barcelona. It would not only block your view, but would likely blow off anyways. Perhaps consider covering it at night, after you are done driving...
Dammit. Explains what happened to the last cover
Old 04-08-2016, 11:41 PM
jennifer911
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 59 Posts

No cover for you! If you are driving long distances, the car is bound to get dirty. If you put the cover on a dirty car, positioning the cover is bound to grind a little of the grit into the paint scratching it. Worse yet, the inside of the cover will now be dirty re-scratching the paint every time you use the cover.

The rule in our household is only a clean cover onto a clean car.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:09 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jennifer911
No cover for you! If you are driving long distances, the car is bound to get dirty. If you put the cover on a dirty car, positioning the cover is bound to grind a little of the grit into the paint scratching it. Worse yet, the inside of the cover will now be dirty re-scratching the paint every time you use the cover.

The rule in our household is only a clean cover onto a clean car.
Good point Jennifer911. Was trying to draw less attention to the car while driving it through Europe. But that would have disregarded my first rule too. Thanks for the reminder

Will have the cover shipped back to the States rather than my Stuttgart hotel.

Quick Reply: Cover or Not?