Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Stuttgart Drop-off - Any Issues After 5PM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:12 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Stuttgart Drop-off - Any Issues After 5PM?

I had originally planned my drop-off in Stuttgart around 2 ~ 3 PM, however my schedule is getting tight. I may have to drop-off late evening instead. And I should mention that it will be a Saturday. In August (I know the whole of Europe is on vacation during this time).

Are there any issues with dropping off the car after 5 PM? What's been your experience?
Old 03-29-2016, 10:58 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

Yes, a problem, but can be solved. According to the Porsche website, drop off at the factory is 24/7, but this is inaccurate. Recently, this has been changed and is only available during the day from Mon-Friday (I forgot the exact hours, but around 8-9 to 4-5). Fortunately, drop off is available nearby Stuttgart at a local transport company at any time (scheduled) for a fee. Porsche NA offered to pay the fee for me since it is/was incorrect on the website and I had already made my plans and booked flights. My very knowledgeable sales manager was also surprised by this new policy, which I noticed during my reading of the European Delivery packet that I received a few weeks ago.
The company Porsche uses is Simovic Car Services in Sindelfingen. I arranged a time with them directly via email.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:23 AM
Pattymac
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts

I just received my ED packet and noticed the limited hours as well. Stuttgart is Mon-Fri 8AM-4PM. I planned my drop off for Sunday night based on info received months ago when I ordered the car. My SA is looking into the solution, so mb1, I'll likely end up dropping off as you are.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:38 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Just spoke to Jamie, ED coordinator at PCNA... she says the factory will be shut down during my return window. Moreover, the factory area is under major construction during the summer holiday shutdown, so there is no opportunity to drop the car at Zuffenhausen as normal. They are sorting out an alternative location in Stuttgart at the moment, so I'll update later when I learn the details.

She did say that returning the car during off hours, even during the weekend, should be no problem.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:02 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the same problem here. On top of that since we're picking the car in Leipzig, they say we can only return in Leipzig free of charge even if we said EU delivery in Zuffenhausen when we placed the order...They better make this MissionE (I guess that's what construction is about?) a pretty special one for all this trouble!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 05:10 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like they should let you drop it in Sindelfingen for free....
Old 05-17-2016, 05:57 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
I believe they are.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:12 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Originally Posted by otisdog
Originally Posted by Dalema
I believe they are.
Yep, that's what was promised to me, since the shutdown and construction were not known at the time I was granted ED.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 423 Posts

Same here. They emailed me the other day and asked if I needed after hours drop off at Sindelfingen. Standard hours are 9am to 4pm (at least Fridays).
Old 05-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Accel Junky
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

PCNA will cover Sindelfingen drop offs. That's the same drop off location that Mercedes and Audi use and is equidistant to STR airport.

Quick Reply: Stuttgart Drop-off - Any Issues After 5PM?