Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Best place/way to suggest new forum / discussion area? (European Delivery Forum)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:02 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best place/way to suggest new forum / discussion area? (European Delivery Forum)

What is the best way (place to post...person to PM) to suggest a new forum / discussion area?

Thanks!

Last edited by worldattorney; 07-14-2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: clarity...
Old 07-14-2015, 11:10 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Here. Let us trash your choice, oh I mean hash it out. What do you got?
Old 07-14-2015, 11:27 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Here. Let us trash your choice, oh I mean hash it out. What do you got?
New Forum / Discussion Area: "European Delivery Program"

Why? Because having one unified place used by all members to post their questions, experiences, photos, routes etc. would benefit the entire community.

As a 'lurker' (until I ordered my ED TTS), I would scour the site looking for ED information...and find TONS of it...in the 997 area, in the 991...981....etc. etc. Now with the countdown (2m16d left), I find myself jumping discussion area to discussion area to read about Mary's ED TT then to another to read about Bill's ED GT4 and then to another to read about Paul's ED C2S.

If there was a single forum/area that everyone used, info retrieval would be easier..duplication of questions would be reduced 10-fold...and members info/suggestions would be current/fresh and in chronological order.

And if we are super lucky, Jamie will post new tidbits/suggestions/etc. for the community to revel in..

Lastly, European Delivery is an exciting topic/experience for everyone...members' experiences help the rest of us in our dreams (and take us along for ride-alongs with their photos/videos/narratives) and then, when we finally can make the dreams really happen, the info and past experiences of our community are priceless for our planning purposes....isn't this worthy of a separate forum/area? Sure the search engine is great...but a separate and dedicated forum would be amazing.

Ok, I'm ready for criticism ...
Old 07-14-2015, 11:55 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worldattorney

Why? Because having one unified place used by all members to post their questions, experiences, photos, routes etc. would benefit the entire community.

As a 'lurker' (until I ordered my ED TTS), I would scour the site looking for ED information...and find TONS of it...in the 997 area, in the 991...981....etc. etc. Now with the countdown (2m16d left), I find myself jumping discussion area to discussion area to read about Mary's ED TT then to another to read about Bill's ED GT4 and then to another to read about Paul's ED C2S.

If there was a single forum/area that everyone used, info retrieval would be easier..duplication of questions would be reduced 10-fold...and members info/suggestions would be current/fresh and in chronological order.

And if we are super lucky, Jamie will post new tidbits/suggestions/etc. for the community to revel in..

Lastly, European Delivery is an exciting topic/experience for everyone...members' experiences help the rest of us in our dreams (and take us along for ride-alongs with their photos/videos/narratives) and then, when we finally can make the dreams really happen, the info and past experiences of our community are priceless for our planning purposes....isn't this worthy of a separate forum/area? Sure the search engine is great...but a separate and dedicated forum would be amazing.

Wow, great idea. I'm for it. Can't even think of anything to criticize. Have told my wife that when the kiddos are all gone (about 12 years from now) that the ED option would be a great way to see Europe.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:05 PM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Makes absolute sense, reasons enough.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:22 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Wow, great idea. I'm for it. Can't even think of anything to criticize. Have told my wife that when the kiddos are all gone (about 12 years from now) that the ED option would be a great way to see Europe.
My wife and I were married last month...the deal was: She gets WHATEVER she wants for the wedding...but the honeymoon is all me.

We figured to do the Euro Delivery / 2wk Trip BEFORE the baby(ies) come...

Originally Posted by kris
Makes absolute sense, reasons enough.
Thx Kris...now I just have to get the attention of someone who can make it happen
Old 07-14-2015, 12:50 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

As a 'lurker' (until I ordered my ED TTS), I would scour the site looking for ED information...and find TONS of it...
Shoot a PM to BTO (Bob Rouleau) or one of the many forum moderators, like Gretch, 911 Slow, etc

If there was a separate ED forum, you wouldn't stumble upon hits involving this in your ED searches, could save you some embarrassment with the new wife (congratulations, btw!):

Old 07-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Send a PM to BTO (Bob The Owner/Bob Rouleau - not sure of spelling) or that miserable old sod Gretch. If they likey, they'll make it happen.

I suggest you name it the "E.D. Forum". You'll get more hits from us old farts looking for uh, um. Oh, exciting European Deliveries.

EDIT: Beat by 2 minutes.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:07 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Divot
Yay! I finished before Div. . . wait, not sure how happy I should be that I'm finished in two minutes.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:50 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alordofchaos
Yay! I finished before Div. . . wait, not sure how happy I should be that I'm finished in two minutes.
Now this is what I expect from the OT!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:57 PM
worldattorney
Instructor

Originally Posted by Divot
Send a PM to BTO (Bob The Owner/Bob Rouleau - not sure of spelling) or that miserable old sod Gretch. If they likey, they'll make it happen.

I suggest you name it the "E.D. Forum". You'll get more hits from us old farts looking for uh, um. Oh, exciting European Deliveries.

Shoot a PM to BTO (Bob Rouleau) or one of the many forum moderators, like Gretch, 911 Slow, etc

If there was a separate ED forum, you wouldn't stumble upon hits involving this in your ED searches, could save you some embarrassment with the new wife (congratulations, btw!):

Now this is what I expect from the OT!
Oh god...should have written Euro Delivery instead of ED....already seeing everyone having a field day...

BTW...sent a PM to BTO....will wait a few days until this thread has some legs/support and then will send PMs to Gretch/911 Slow too

Thanks (from my wife) for the congratulations on the wedding...most are congratulating me on the new car
Old 07-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Divot
Much missed
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't expect a lot from SLOW. He's in Greece, and printing drachmas before they leave the EU. I figure after about 6 months he'll have a buck two eighty.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, I vote NO! Not because it's a bad idea. Just because I'm PTS Brewster Green with envy! Enjoy the trip, that sounds awesome!! And, good idea
Old 07-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Erik N
Been selling Twinkies on Ebay,
have some extra cash right now.
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

I would scour the site looking for ED information...and find TONS of it...in the 997 area, in the 991...981....etc. etc.

Welcome to OT, or as I call it, the Dogpile.

Well, at least the 928'ers don't have that issue (snicker snicker)!

Wife is stationed in Germany, considered an ED myself (I AM pushing 50!)
Old 07-15-2015, 08:40 AM
worldattorney
Instructor

Originally Posted by Erik N
Wife is stationed in Germany, considered an ED myself (I AM pushing 50!)
I have family outside of Stuttgart so it's going to be a honeymoon (1st) slash family visit (2nd) slash European Delivery (3rd) (at least that's what I'm telling everyone...cause picking up a custom TTS can't be more important than your honeymoon or eating fruit cake right?

Quick Reply: Best place/way to suggest new forum / discussion area? (European Delivery Forum)