Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Anyone taking European Delivery in Zuffenhausen on Sept 9 and doing the "Grand Tour"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 11:30 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone taking European Delivery in Zuffenhausen on Sept 9 and doing the "Grand Tour"?

I heard there are a few "GT cars" doing the European Delivery Grand Tour trip with Porsche which my wife and I will also be doing (in our MY16 GT3). I thought it'd be fun to connect with someone here in advance if they were going. PM me if you're doing this?
Old 06-20-2015, 01:37 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 808 Posts

Checked with my buddy to look through his travel book that he got for ED and it doesn't list "Grand Tour" for 2015 around Sept.

You might want to explain more, ref links, etc.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:45 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It is another Porsche money maker. Euro delivery spots were all filled through October save for the few they were holding for this tour. Basically it is standard Euro Delivery but then you go on an all inclusive driving tour with your car. It isn't what I would have done other than it got me a Euro Delivery spot. Here are two pages from the brochure.

Old 06-20-2015, 04:18 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 808 Posts

Just talked to him. His book is titled "Porsche Travel Club 2015" and doesn't show that tour. Must have different books depending on what Porsche you buy. The one that had him laughing is one of the "short break" tours. According to him its, as he called it, getting lost around Zuffenhausen. They want ~ $500 ($450 Euro) for a factory tour, museum visit, lunch (these 3 are already part of ED) and then drive around Zuffenhausen and countryside in the afternoon. I had to agree with him on that one. Gives a new meaning to the term "luxury tax".

Quick Reply: Anyone taking European Delivery in Zuffenhausen on Sept 9 and doing the "Grand Tour"?