Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Euro Delivery - no option for Euro Map.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015 | 02:00 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Default Euro Delivery - no option for Euro Map.

I noticed, since it has been a few months, that there isn't an option for the Euro Maps for when you configure your car for Euro Delivery. Which use to be an option that cost about $250(?). Now it doesn't appear as an option!

Is this even offered anylonger or is it included for free like it should be now? I would like to have the Euro maps for the PCM but Google Maps on my Android phone is an adequate substitute if I cannot get the option.

So anyone know?
Old 05-28-2015 | 02:58 PM
bichito
Intermediate

They still have it... it is an item you can check off when you fill out the ED delivery agreement. All it says next to the option is that additional charges apply, so it's probably still $250
Old 05-28-2015 | 03:03 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

On the Canadian configurator the option still shows at a $290 CDN price which is about $240 US. I'm guessing it's available when you get ready to belly up to the bar and pay some $ so to speak.
Old 05-29-2015 | 04:07 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Yes still available but they lend you a Garmin for free if you need it
Old 05-29-2015 | 09:23 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
OK, now that is what I like to hear. Updating or changing the location of the maps in your car's system, PCM with nav in this case, is something SO easy to do. That is if the engineers want to make it easy. Generally it's all on a DVD disk and the PCM just updates without any questions or any input from whoever is installing.
Old 05-29-2015 | 10:17 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
OK, now that is what I like to hear. Updating or changing the location of the maps in your car's system, PCM with nav in this case, is something SO easy to do. That is if the engineers want to make it easy. Generally it's all on a DVD disk and the PCM just updates without any questions or any input from whoever is installing.

By the way The color of your DD Turbo S Cab makes the car look wicked! But I am far too conservative living in so Cal. The cops would pull me over daily.
Old 05-29-2015 | 12:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I *believe* its now 'included' with ED... but I could be wrong.
Old 05-29-2015 | 12:41 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

I am going in july. It is still optional and in PVMS as a selectable option. It is done at the dealer level. I am going to get some data and use my phone, or a map.
Old 05-29-2015 | 12:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

having just been in Germany last week doing ED, I would highly recommend dropping the $250 for the euro maps on the PCM ... its well worth it ... esp if your alternative is using a smartphone, think about the data roaming charges alone!
Old 05-30-2015 | 12:31 AM
ChoyV
Racer

The dealer configurator will have that option.
Old 05-30-2015 | 12:35 AM
Duke I
Pro

If you are worried, call Jaime (or someone in her group) at PCNA and they'll make sure it'll be there for you. I clicked no box and it was installed in my car at ED.
Old 05-30-2015 | 09:03 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

$250 is just a whee bit of over kill to charge on this option. Like said earlier updating the maps, if programmed to be performmed easily, should be one of the easiest undertakings performed to any car. You either have a few menu options or it starts updating the region automatically. And with DVD players todays far less swapping disc to complete the job.

As said before it might be free but it still an option at the dealer. Well either the dealer isn't using an updated form specifically for this option. $250 of free option that they don't have to pay for.

I'm surprised if you couldn't find the update disc on a bit-torrent site somewhere.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 05-30-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-30-2015 | 09:51 AM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
$250 is just a whee bit of over kill to charge on this option. Like said earlier updating the maps, if programmed to be performmed easily, should be one of the easiest undertakings performed to any car. You either have a few menu options or it starts updating the region automatically. And with DVD players todays far less swapping disc to complete the job.

As said before it might be free but it still an option at the dealer. Well either the dealer isn't using an updated form specifically for this option. $250 of free option that they don't have to pay for.

I'm surprised if you couldn't find the update disc on a bit-torrent site somewhere.
As all things Porsche, map updates are not so easy.
Car needs to be connected for on-line download.
The maps are not on DVD.

I did a map update and the disks were just FW updates (that had already done by dealer before) and the map update was a license code that the dealer used to enable the map download.
Old 05-30-2015 | 10:43 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

If you use Tmobile you'll get the international data free and you can just use your smartphone for the mapping.
Old 05-30-2015 | 10:46 PM
Duke I
Pro

Euro maps were great on the pcm/navi.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery - no option for Euro Map.