Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Stelvio pass October 31st -doable in SRS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2024, 10:03 AM
AWDman
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stelvio pass October 31st -doable in SRS?

Hi guys. Picking up SRS 10/30 and contemplating going through Stelvio pass enroute south next day. Is this a bad idea on MPSCs? Better on winter tires? Bad idea entirely? Appreciate any feedback!
Old Today, 08:10 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AWDman
Hi guys. Picking up SRS 10/30 and contemplating going through Stelvio pass enroute south next day. Is this a bad idea on MPSCs? Better on winter tires? Bad idea entirely? Appreciate any feedback!
Doable?
It is doable but is it safe? I don't think so. We just came back from our ED trip from Sept 1 to Sept 13. We were on Stelvio on the 3rd of September and the temp was already below 45 F but sunny though. On the way back to Stuttgart from Amalfi, we used Rombo Pass and it was already snowing on the top. We were not expecting it and the road was already covered with snow but still passable. The temp was already around 24 F. The car slipped twice but manageable. So I guess that around late October, the possibility is high for an even lower temp and more snow. Just be careful and double check the road conditions.
The following users liked this post:
AWDman (Today)
Old Today, 09:08 AM
AWDman
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ChoyV
Doable?
It is doable but is it safe? I don't think so. We just came back from our ED trip from Sept 1 to Sept 13. We were on Stelvio on the 3rd of September and the temp was already below 45 F but sunny though. On the way back to Stuttgart from Amalfi, we used Rombo Pass and it was already snowing on the top. We were not expecting it and the road was already covered with snow but still passable. The temp was already around 24 F. The car slipped twice but manageable. So I guess that around late October, the possibility is high for an even lower temp and more snow. Just be careful and double check the road conditions.
Thanks for this- I will not be trying to do any passes, knew it would be sketchy.

Quick Reply: Stelvio pass October 31st -doable in SRS?