Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Books website resources for ED

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024 | 07:07 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Default Books website resources for ED

European delivery of my Spyder RS is coming up in 6 weeks. I ordered some books that were not very useful. Can you please recommend some books or website resources to plan European delivery?

Priorities are drives exploring the Mediterranean coast and of course the alps on the way south from Stuttgart, but otherwise quite flexible.
Old 07-15-2024 | 07:51 PM
Mike981S
Pro

Originally Posted by Drifting
European delivery of my Spyder RS is coming up in 6 weeks. I ordered some books that were not very useful. Can you please recommend some books or website resources to plan European delivery?

Priorities are drives exploring the Mediterranean coast and of course the alps on the way south from Stuttgart, but otherwise quite flexible.
First, I would start with the European Delivery trip reports you can find here. They are chock full of information.

Next I would use Waze or Google Maps (or Bing Maps) to look for interesting roads in the areas you want to go.

Late August means you have no seasonal closings of passes, but you may still have vacation travel in some of the areas (like along the French Riviera between Monaco and Toulon). Waze or Google Maps can help you assess the traffic impact.

If you need information about passes, there are several websites that cover passes (some just opening info, others additional ratings and pictures). E.g., Alpenpässe (alpen-paesse.ch), Startseite - Alpenpässe | Pässe und Bergstraßen in Europa (alpenpaesse.de)
Some you may need to use a translation tool.

Once you know which areas you want to drive to, there are a lot of people here who can help with tips. I am pretty familiar with Switzerland (Eastern and Southern Cantons, whole of the Alps, less the Jura), Dolomites, parts of Western Austria, Southern Bavaria, Franken, Black Forest, Tuscany, French Alp Maritimes and French Alps.

My main suggestion is that unless you have to be in some place at a specific date, don't overplan it and try to keep flexible, even if that means you may sometimes not get the hotel you were hoping for.
The following users liked this post:
Butzi (07-17-2024)
Old 07-16-2024 | 10:45 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

You have the best resource available right here.

Start a thread, fire up a google map and plan it out! That’s what I did, worked great.
Old 07-18-2024 | 04:14 PM
asuresh8
Advanced

+1 on reading other peoples' threads. For books, check out Curves magazine. I bought a few of them and found them very helpful for plotting which backroads to take.

Quick Reply: Books website resources for ED