Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Paperwork need for PEC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2024 | 12:57 PM
ChattStringer
Advanced

Question Paperwork need for PEC?

If this exact question has already been asked, please forgive me as I looked and couldn’t find it. If so, please feel free to direct me as that would help as well.

I have an allocation for a BGTS 4.0 and haven’t reached my freeze date, so I don’t have a VIN yet. I understand that will come later. Here is my specific question and the background for my situation.
I reside in Chattanooga, TN, but picking up my car in PEC Atlanta. My dealer is in California.

In order to register my car in the state of TN, I need to show a manufacturer statement of origin, MSO, new car invoice from dealer, an odometer statement and a security agreement if financed.

Does anyone have experience with a PEC center and driving the vehicle away?

Getting my insurance for the car is simple once I have the VIN. I’m assuming the dealer can provide the MSO and invoice.

How does the dealer provide the odometer statement if the car never goes to the dealer?

Do I need to bring in my plates?

For the curious out there, here is my build:
My build

Old 07-04-2024 | 04:46 AM
ragerard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChattStringer
If this exact question has already been asked, please forgive me as I looked and couldn’t find it. If so, please feel free to direct me as that would help as well.

I have an allocation for a BGTS 4.0 and haven’t reached my freeze date, so I don’t have a VIN yet. I understand that will come later. Here is my specific question and the background for my situation.
I reside in Chattanooga, TN, but picking up my car in PEC Atlanta. My dealer is in California.

In order to register my car in the state of TN, I need to show a manufacturer statement of origin, MSO, new car invoice from dealer, an odometer statement and a security agreement if financed.

Does anyone have experience with a PEC center and driving the vehicle away?

Getting my insurance for the car is simple once I have the VIN. I’m assuming the dealer can provide the MSO and invoice.

How does the dealer provide the odometer statement if the car never goes to the dealer?

Do I need to bring in my plates?

For the curious out there, here is my build:
My build
all PEC requires is that you show up with a permanent or temporary license plate and an insurance card. How you complete the odometer statement is up to you and your dealer. Every Porsche I’ve taken delivery of, whether at the factory, Atlanta, or my dealer, has shown either 15 or 16 miles on the odometer.
The following users liked this post:
ChattStringer (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024 | 07:43 AM
ChattStringer
Advanced

Originally Posted by ragerard
all PEC requires is that you show up with a permanent or temporary license plate and an insurance card. How you complete the odometer statement is up to you and your dealer. Every Porsche I’ve taken delivery of, whether at the factory, Atlanta, or my dealer, has shown either 15 or 16 miles on the odometer.
Bob, thanks so much. That helps so much. I have found the Tennessee form for odometer statement and I will send that to my dealer. I’m sure we can take care of that.

😊

Quick Reply: Paperwork need for PEC?