Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Vehicle Damaged Upon Arrival at Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Anthracite
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vehicle Damaged Upon Arrival at Dealer

Very sad day and I'd like to get your advice.

My new Cayenne S Coupe arrived at the dealer today and was unwrapped. I stopped down a few hours later and saw it had damage to the front hood, right on the hood crease. Photos below. It appears to be a conchoidal dink about the size of silver dollar in total. I hailed my salesman and pointed it out to him. He said they'd have their paintless dent repair guy come up ASAP and "pull it out" before sending the vehicle for the full PPF and ceramic.

I stated that I was disappointed that my $157K vehicle came in in this condition and asked how this could possibly have happened. The dealer stated that one or two vehicles come in damaged each year due to transport issues. I asked if this met Porsche North America delivery standards and how this was going to be resolved--new hood? repair?

I have not signed for this vehicle yet. What is the best way to resolve this with the dealer/Porsche North America?

Thanks in advance for your advice, and remember our soldiers lost at war.

View of dink #1

View of dink #2

Another angle view

Dent is on left hood crease, can't notice from this distance

Arctic Grey, CF side mirrors, all the goodies underneath and inside

clear tail lights
Old 05-25-2024, 04:41 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Beautiful color, lets wait and see if the dentless guy able to pull that ding out, hopefully should be. Anything can happen during the transport and this seems pretty minor.
Don't let this small ding spoil your new car experience, be happy and enjoy the vehicle

Last edited by C2 Turbo; 05-25-2024 at 04:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
j lok (05-25-2024)
Old 05-25-2024, 04:48 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 83 Posts

Sry but that ding is on a crease and I don’t see that getting pulled out and looking like new. My advice is that you are expected to pay for a new vehicle. Ask for a new hood.
Old 05-26-2024, 01:57 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 641 Likes on 423 Posts

Disagree, that will come out with a good PDR guy, impressive what they can do. Give them a shot. Odd that the port didn't catch it but it happens. Doesn't matter what your car costs, shipping on ROROs and port handling things happen. I've had a few issues over many EDs and always has been resolved.
Old 06-01-2024, 07:16 PM
Anthracite
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Resolution Attained!

Thanks for everyone's comments on my post.

This matter was resolved to my satisfaction. My Porsche Dealer first had their paintless dent repair tech pull the dink out. It did pull out the aluminum body work along the crease line, but also took out two tiny pieces of paint about the size of a ballpoint pen ball each, exposing the white primer underneath. This resulted in a very subtle ripple in the hood crease that could be seen and felt by touch. They discussed the status with me over the phone and I expressed dissatisfaction with the results. Amicably, the Dealer offered a couple other options, including repainting the hood or swapping the hood with another Arctic Grey Cayenne Coupe they happened to have on the lot. I opted for the latter. The techs verified that the hood part numbers matched and, at their own cost, swapped the hoods. Now my brand new vehicle looks...brand new! It's now receiving a full body wrap and ceramic. Can't wait to take possession of it.

Hope this helps others who might have a similar situation to deal with in the future. Happy miles, everyone!

The following 3 users liked this post by Anthracite:
ADgts40 (06-01-2024), Mike981S (06-06-2024), Nine_thousand (06-01-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 07:08 PM
brascal44
AutoX

Received 28 Likes on 4 Posts
Default great color

I ordered an S coupe same color and wheel combo waiting for delivery in late August good luck and enjoy..

Quick Reply: Vehicle Damaged Upon Arrival at Dealer