Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

April GT3 RS European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2024 | 01:18 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Great trip and SH is a blast. Shame they changed the format from the way they used to do (management and ownership changed in the last year) but sounds like it was still a lot of fun. Sub 8 feels quite fast, hard to fathom 10-20 seconds under 7 minutes. Good write up!
Old 05-24-2024 | 10:16 AM
Nine_thousand
Instructor

Originally Posted by signes
Great trip and SH is a blast. Shame they changed the format from the way they used to do (management and ownership changed in the last year) but sounds like it was still a lot of fun. Sub 8 feels quite fast, hard to fathom 10-20 seconds under 7 minutes. Good write up!
Yeah I was quite concerned when the format changed. I signed my son and I up before the change, when the structure was to divide the track into sections and work on one section at a time.

Driving just one section for a couple hours sounded good to me, that seemed to be a great way to learn such a long and challenging circuit.

So I was concerned when the format changed to primarily lead/follow as the way to learn the track. I guess maybe the new approach appeals more to long time customers who already know the track?

I guess I’ll never be able to compare the two approaches, but I can say the lead/follow format worked out okay. There is so much track time that we were able to feel pretty confident about circuit layout by the middle of day two.

Overall we had an excellent experience. It’s a well run event, and everyone I worked with on the SH team was professional and passionate about taking care of the customers.
Old 06-01-2024 | 03:16 PM
Nine_thousand
Instructor

Some really good news, three weeks to the day from when I dropped the car off to the awesome
people at Simovic Car Service in Stuttgart (Sindelfingen), my AirTag pinged IN CANADA!

Halifax is still a long train ride away, but at
least it’s on my side of the ocean.

I think that’s the fastest I’ve ever had a Euro delivery car get to Canada. Super thankful for that, summers are short where I live…

The following 4 users liked this post by Nine_thousand:
magnus89 (06-01-2024), Mike981S (06-06-2024), ScottRich (06-01-2024), TheDrivenGarage (06-01-2024)
Old 06-01-2024 | 05:01 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Instructor

That awesome! That's definitely the fastest I have read. Where did you hide your airtag? My ED is about 30 days out, your thread only got me more excited.
Old 06-01-2024 | 09:36 PM
Nine_thousand
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage
That awesome! That's definitely the fastest I have read. Where did you hide your airtag? My ED is about 30 days out, your thread only got me more excited.
I’m excited for you! It’s such an amazing experience. And you’re going at a great time.

I bought some cheap AirTag accessories from Amazon and used an AirTag case (picture below) to stick the AirTag on the “ceiling” inside the glove box. That seems to have worked well, it updated quite often (except on the ship of course).

The following users liked this post:
Angryinch (06-05-2024)
Old 06-06-2024 | 01:28 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Awesome trip and family experience! And a great motivation to finally start posting about my trip.
Old 07-10-2024 | 08:21 PM
3KTTNE
3rd Gear

Gorgeous!

Quick Reply: April GT3 RS European Delivery