Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Euro Delivery and Porsche Experience Delivery allowed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 12:10 AM
Pyrat2
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Euro Delivery and Porsche Experience Delivery allowed?

I have a euro delivery setup for my 4RS in August this year. After my euro experience I would like to have the car delivered to the Atlanta Porsche Experience Center instead of to the dealer where I purchased the car. I am purchasing the car from out of state and shipping cost from the dealer to my home is almost the same as the experience center delivery. When I go onto the configurator it allows me to select both. However, my dealer says that can't be done. Has anyone done both euro delivery plus PEC delivery on the same car?
Old 02-28-2024, 10:41 AM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I inquired about this as well, and was told the same. Its either or delivery experiences. Would be an epic back to back. If you manage it, do report back.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:33 PM
Pyrat2
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage
I inquired about this as well, and was told the same. It's either or delivery experiences. Would be an epic back to back. If you manage it, do report back.
Here is the official answer from Joey the Porsche North America Delivery Program Manager. I dropped him a message last night after posting this.

'The only way for a European + PEC Delivery is if the vehicle is not driven in Europe. The vehicle will be classified as “used” after being driven, and the PEC cannot accept the vehicle for delivery at that point.'

While I wish I could get both I'm confident that the answer is accurate given Joey is the official PNA answer man on these topics.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pyrat2:
Mike981S (02-29-2024), TheDrivenGarage (03-06-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 10:51 PM
redtanrt10
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Pyrat2
I have a euro delivery setup for my 4RS in August this year. After my euro experience I would like to have the car delivered to the Atlanta Porsche Experience Center instead of to the dealer where I purchased the car. I am purchasing the car from out of state and shipping cost from the dealer to my home is almost the same as the experience center delivery. When I go onto the configurator it allows me to select both. However, my dealer says that can't be done. Has anyone done both euro delivery plus PEC delivery on the same car?

Great for you with the Factory Delivery! I ordered a C4S cab for my wife a month ago and was told no way to get a factory delivery unless you want to wait 18 months or more!!
The following users liked this post:
TheDrivenGarage (03-18-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 12:45 PM
jack_carls0n
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

I was told can't do it. Once you take delivery in Germany, it is considered a used a car and has additional liability for delivery in Atlanta or LA, thus can't do it.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery and Porsche Experience Delivery allowed?