Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

GT4RS Euro Delivery at Leipzig - video

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 12:43 PM
yyzcurator
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT4RS Euro Delivery at Leipzig - video

Hello all,

I did a European delivery on my Ruby Star Neo GT4RS from the Leipzig experience center a few weeks ago at the end of June and embarked on a 3000km journey across Germany, into the Alps, and to the Nurburgring. The delivery experience was lovely, we started off with lunch up in the building with views of the entire track, followed by a factory tour showing the production line of Macan and Panameras. After all that comes the delivery of the GT4RS!

Attached is a short video of the delivery experience at the Leipzig location!

Link attached:
GT4RS Euro Delivery in Leipzig video

The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (07-20-2023)
Old 07-20-2023, 05:50 PM
carmine911
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

I am heading to Stuttgart for a GTS cabriolet delivery in October. We would like to drive to the Alps as well and experience some of the scenic mountain passes and also the Nurbergring. Did you stay in one location and drive to different areas each day? or Drive form place to place, changing hotels daily? Advice on GPS? Google? Apple? Waze?

Any video of the 3,000km drive???
Old 07-20-2023, 08:19 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by carmine911
I am heading to Stuttgart for a GTS cabriolet delivery in October. We would like to drive to the Alps as well and experience some of the scenic mountain passes and also the Nurbergring. Did you stay in one location and drive to different areas each day? or Drive form place to place, changing hotels daily? Advice on GPS? Google? Apple? Waze?

Any video of the 3,000km drive???
You should be able to hit all sorts of Alpine passes in early October - I did ED for my BMW M2 on Oct 5, 2017 and it was a nice time of year. Passes open, hotels easy to book, etc. In that trip - my first - we used google maps more than my M2's nav (even tho BMW kindly loaded European maps into the nav!), but on my second trip (renting an M2C in 2019) we pretty much relied on the car's nav. For my 911 ED next month, I just bought a TomTom GPS since Porsche is too lame to load European maps into the car's nav. I meticulously pre-planned all my routes thru Swiss & Italian Alps (plus a couple in western Austria) - will use the handheld GPS to back up my trip notes. We'll be moving from place to place, changing hotels, until near the end of the trip when we'll spend 2 or 3 nights each in a couple hotels. Mostly it's a road trip - we're making a large, counter-clockwise loop around southern Germany, a good chunk of Switzerland, and northern Italy.

Quick Reply: GT4RS Euro Delivery at Leipzig - video