Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

EU Delivey with Fake GT3 in Leipzig

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2023 | 04:32 PM
undefinederror
Rennlist Member

Default EU Delivey with Fake GT3 in Leipzig

Timeline:
Commission No. June.2022; traded in 2021 C4S PDK for GTS 7 Speed.
Original delivery was Nov, but delayed >5 times due to aerokit
Finished production in April.
Confirmed EU delivery in June.

Our first stop was Rome because wife wants Italian Gelato. Making her happy is important.
We arrived one night before the Leipzig delivery date; the hotel was great; should have stayed one more night there.
The entire delivery experience is okay: i had C8 delivery and BMW M delivery before; Porsche is ~ average. As other threads mentioned, the track experience is kind of boring. But if this is your first time in a race track, then it would be different. I have open lapping 10-15 times per year, 30 mins session is only a snack to me:

View from Porsche Leipzig Restaurant
To me the exciting part is see how Porsche makes cars. Leipzig only makes Panamera and SUVs; seeing how cars parts getting “married” is fascinating to us.

Finally, our instructor showed our GTS in a delivery room. Our instructor skipped almost all the tutorial because we know the car pretty well. Unfortunately, our driver’s side speaker does not work, which gives a headache in entire trip because that is where the navigation sound comes from. Instructor told us he has informed our dealer, it will be repaired after the car arrives in MA dealership.

GTS @ Steigenberger Icon Grandhotel Handelshof
Our next stop is frankfurt, driving from Leipzig to frankfurt is amazing. No traffic at all, it is easy to get 120-130miles/hour without >4000 RPM.
We stayed in frankfurt because the nurburgring is 2hrs drive from it.
Spent way too much money buying professional pictures in Nurburghring
To me, nurburgring is a must have experience. I drove three laps, and it is extremely difficult to limit the RPM under 4000 with this car. But Im a grown up man, i still resisted the urge. However, quote from my wife “ i saw at least three times the RPM is 5000, your car is ruined”.
At the end of day, I ended up buying 7 professional photographers’ pictures ; )

Our final stop is Switzerland; stayed there about 10 days, lots of speeding camera: Im sure I will find all the tickets in my mailbox soon.
We drove from Zurich to Zermatt (Matterhorn), the road was great: lots of hairpin turns, i was having so much fun with it, my wife is like “ i knew it, if it was all freeway driving, you would make me to drive it”. Fully disclosure: she hates driving manual cars.

After Matterhorn, we continued our destination to Interlaken: Met several young porsche cars traveled from UK. Took a group picture with them;

Our last stop is Geneva before dropping off the vehicle in Stuttgart. Nothing exciting there.

i saw at least 5 992 GT3 in Zurich; given the fact I only stayed there for one day, very rich city i guess.
Total 911 spotted is more than 20 in one day: turbo; turbo s....

last but not least, my advice for people who wants to do EU Delivery:
1. bring some racing rubber remover and microfiber clothes from States to clean your car
2. strongly recommend you do a PPF before trying in autobahn/nurburghring;
3. exchange lots of coins for self service car washing
4. lose some weight before the EU trip for Gelato

Thanks for reading.

The following 2 users liked this post by undefinederror:
brake dust (07-05-2023), toph4242 (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023 | 09:19 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Congrats! I just did my Leipzig delivery on June 6th! we must have just missed each other. What dealer did you go through/who is doing the speaker repair for you? I had to have both my driver and passenger side Bose speaker replaced on my previous 2021 992 Carrera, and they did a great job at Westwood, resolving the issue and replacing the speakers
The following users liked this post:
undefinederror (07-01-2023)
Old 07-01-2023 | 01:11 PM
undefinederror
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
Congrats! I just did my Leipzig delivery on June 6th! we must have just missed each other. What dealer did you go through/who is doing the speaker repair for you? I had to have both my driver and passenger side Bose speaker replaced on my previous 2021 992 Carrera, and they did a great job at Westwood, resolving the issue and replacing the speakers

thanks! mine is Norwell. We will see how things go. How do you like Westwood as purchase experience (can dm me if it is too private : ))

Quick Reply: EU Delivey with Fake GT3 in Leipzig