Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

soft rack for surf board?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 11:14 PM
Kpoon
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default soft rack for surf board?

Hi - any suggestions on using a soft rack to transport a surfboard? I bought the Roof Transport System, and I'm still reluctant to break up the beautiful lines of the car.

If the anchors of the soft rack are identical, the angle of the roof will tilt the board upward, potentially creating lift.
Old 11-15-2022, 09:05 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

I’ve used a soft rack frequently but never on a 911. I did once use one on my 350Z, which probably has a similar distance between the racks.

As you know, with soft racks, it’s hard to get them cranked down tight enough. There’s always a bit of laxity and the front of the board always lifts some.

I think you could do it if you are dealing with a shorter board, are not driving too far, and are able to keep speeds low.

I will say after I did it once in my 350Z, I realized I wanted another car with hard racks to transport a board. It was just simpler.

good luck!

Quick Reply: soft rack for surf board?