Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ED dates for 2023

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2023 | 11:42 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

ED completely full from the Canadian manager. He added me to the wait list.
Old 01-26-2023 | 01:20 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Originally Posted by bobert75
Cool - have not done Julier before but it is indeed one of the 13 I plan to do in Switzerland. I def encourage you to do Stelvio - I would not miss it - it's the first one I ever did and it got me hooked on driving Alpine passes. While Lake Como was beautiful, I hated driving in Italy (apart from in the mountains) - Italian drivers are, um, aggressive. And of course I wasted a day & a half of our three days at Lake Como cz I was grumpy about four out of five Swiss passes being closed (literally the only reason I had taken us to Switzerland).

I am with you on Le Mans - since I'm afraid of closed Alpine passes (and it'd be too much for one trip), I decided to do Le Mans next year (expecting a few more manufacturers to join next year, so 2024 might be the peak of the new "golden era").
2023 Le Mans is pretty much sold out so make sure to secure tickets before going there in order to minimize risk of disappointment.
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023 | 01:57 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
2023 Le Mans is pretty much sold out so make sure to secure tickets before going there in order to minimize risk of disappointment.
Yes absolutely. I saw that it is the 100th anniversary, the website says sold out... Anyone know of a good second hand website to get tickets? I havent been able to find on ticketmasterstubhub... I think I need a Euro based site.
I went to the Monaco Grand Prix in 2019 and bought my seats for that through GOO tickets... but havent had a chance to see if they sell yet.
Old 01-27-2023 | 02:28 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Angryinch
ED completely full from the Canadian manager. He added me to the wait list.
What's your dates range and production date?
Old 01-27-2023 | 02:35 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

can anyone shed some lights on the state of Aug\Sep ED slots?
toph4242 (01-28-2023)
Old 01-28-2023 | 01:04 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lucifer
can anyone shed some lights on the state of Aug\Sep ED slots?
I understand from Joey that All Zuffenhausen slots are pretty much booked for the year... Potentially some late 2023 spots if you get on a waitlist... but basically the only hope for ED at this point is Leipzig and its September at best for those that dont have a date locked up yet.... Having said that, I highly recommend sending a weekly email checking in for cancellations etc... I was in touch with Joey back in October, when spots were still open for Leipzig as early as March, but my allocation/V200 didnt go through until December... When I called him in December, he said sorry but Leipzig is now booking in July/August... at his suggestion, I checked in regularly and was able to snag a cancellation spot for the first week of June... so it is for sure possible.
The following 2 users liked this post by toph4242:
dub (01-30-2023), Lucifer (01-28-2023)
Old 01-29-2023 | 02:03 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

What's your dates range and production date?

Build end of Feb, Delivery to CDN Beginning of April. Locking soon.
Old 01-30-2023 | 03:09 PM
dub
Racer

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Ok, on the surface of it… this makes NO sense to me, so please do educate me as to your rationale. Otherwise, it sure looks like you are taking an ED spot from someone who could have truly enjoyed the experience.
Using what logic would I be “taking an ED spot from someone who could have truly enjoyed the experience”?
I’m still taking delivery of my car, at my ED. I’m still driving my car on the Autobahn.
I’m then going to rent a different Porsche to drive for 10+ days around Europe.
We want to be relaxed and worry free for two weeks. The GT4 isn’t really a touring coupe. I’m not sure LWBS for 6+ hours of driving several days straight would be comfortable. Also, most of the passes that would be fun to drive won’t be open in early April.
This way I get to drive two Porsches! Genius.
So don’t worry, it’s going to be an epic ED that is going to a great new owner!

HerkDriver (11-09-2023)
Old 01-30-2023 | 03:17 PM
dub
Racer

Originally Posted by Angryinch
x 100000. Let us guys go that want to actually enjoy our cars in Europe and drive them around... Seems like a massive waste.
I am going to drive my car in Europe. I am going to “actually enjoy” my car in Europe. I am going to drive it around.

Just because I’m not going to do what you, or any other “us guys” would do....doesn’t make it any kind of waste at all.
HerkDriver (11-09-2023)
Old 01-31-2023 | 11:45 AM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

It is crazy. My original build was August and had a scheduled ED for October. My number one goal was to drive the green hell in my car. Well production delays got that canceled and my car was finished end of November. I was supposed to get an beginning of April ED but I didnt respond to the email with the dates quick enough because I didn't check my emails until the end of that day. Dates from the morning were gone by the evening. Waited for next set of dates to come out. Finally was told only dates available were in August for a car built in November of previous year. Because I already had one canceled they found a date in the middle of February. I took it and was happy to get it even though it would have been my very last choice of a date to drive through Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Nürburgring is not open so I will have to return some other time to get that box checked. Excited to go in a few weeks but definitely managing my expectations. One other reason for just giving up on the ED when I got the date was that I will turn 60 a couple of days after getting my car. Will let you know how the trip goes. Moral of the story.... when you get an email with available dates respond immediately.
The following 2 users liked this post by tsjoel:
Angryinch (01-31-2023), toph4242 (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023 | 12:52 PM
Lucifer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tsjoel
It is crazy. My original build was August and had a scheduled ED for October. My number one goal was to drive the green hell in my car. Well production delays got that canceled and my car was finished end of November. I was supposed to get an beginning of April ED but I didnt respond to the email with the dates quick enough because I didn't check my emails until the end of that day. Dates from the morning were gone by the evening. Waited for next set of dates to come out. Finally was told only dates available were in August for a car built in November of previous year. Because I already had one canceled they found a date in the middle of February. I took it and was happy to get it even though it would have been my very last choice of a date to drive through Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Nürburgring is not open so I will have to return some other time to get that box checked. Excited to go in a few weeks but definitely managing my expectations. One other reason for just giving up on the ED when I got the date was that I will turn 60 a couple of days after getting my car. Will let you know how the trip goes. Moral of the story.... when you get an email with available dates respond immediately.
I am surprised they were willing to hold the car that long for you. I visited Germany many (many) times, and while I agree the winter stops you for driving the best passes, there is something special and unique with the passes that stay open being completely white.
toph4242 (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023 | 12:59 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

I am surprised they were willing to hold the car that long for you. I visited Germany many (many) times, and while I agree the winter stops you for driving the best passes, there is something special and unique with the passes that stay open being completely white.
I was going to say, with Porsche loaning you winter tires, you should have an absolutely breathtaking drive through whatever passes are open, as well as I hear the Black forest in winter is stunning! Happy 60th, have a wonderful trip, and just think... in a couple weeks you are going to be driving your new Porsche through the winter wonderland of Germany just as Ferdinand Porsche intended! If I were you, Id rent some skis and see about Porsche putting the ski rack on for the trip lol... could make for some EPIC photos!
Enjoy! I am off to Leipzig in just under 4 months for my ED and cant wait. Excited to hear about your experience when you get back
Old 01-31-2023 | 01:43 PM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks so much for the positive comments. They really do help. (unusual on this site compared to other sites). If I post on the 992 forum I am sure I get a bunch of negative comments for driving my car in the winter. Like my wife says "Its not made out of sugar is it?" I was encouraged when they agreed they would hold my car to April but they said they would because of my canceled ED. I think the August timeframe might have been offered because they knew I wouldn't wait that long.
No ski rack but we do plan on skiing in Innsbruck for a day.
I had given up on passes. Do you know which ones possibly could be open or partly open? I know there is a site to check but I figured they would all be closed.
I bought a drone so I could get some cool shots of the alps. Arrives today so I guess I will get a "crash" course this next week or two and get all of my documents in order.
toph4242 (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023 | 02:00 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tsjoel
Thanks so much for the positive comments. They really do help. (unusual on this site compared to other sites). If I post on the 992 forum I am sure I get a bunch of negative comments for driving my car in the winter. Like my wife says "Its not made out of sugar is it?" I was encouraged when they agreed they would hold my car to April but they said they would because of my canceled ED. I think the August timeframe might have been offered because they knew I wouldn't wait that long.
No ski rack but we do plan on skiing in Innsbruck for a day.
I had given up on passes. Do you know which ones possibly could be open or partly open? I know there is a site to check but I figured they would all be closed.
I bought a drone so I could get some cool shots of the alps. Arrives today so I guess I will get a "crash" course this next week or two and get all of my documents in order.
I'm so tired of the negativity on this site too... I have my 992 T on order, and I've been trying to refocus the T thread to be a more positive. debate on options etc... but someone always wants to go negative lol.
So I was in Germany in 2019 in early spring, and I did the Julier Pass at the time... it was very nice drive from Lake Como into Siwtzerland (so you could do the reverse)... its a "Shorter" pass so I think that it might have a shot at being open... If you follow or are familiar with the Piloti Shoe company, they do a lot of photo shoots on Julier pass... that is how I learned of it. If you check out their instagram account there are a number of pictures from there.
Are you Stuttgart or Leipzig delivery? I also drove from Stuttgart up to the RUF factory.. I am going back again in June because they were just the absolute NICEST people there.. Mr. Ruf is almost always on site and gives many of the tours himself too. Its 1.5 hour factory tour and they are very thoughtful, give gift bags and its always a small group on the tour... I have loved the RUF/Porsche partnership my whole life and it was a real treat... Just shoot them an email off their website and they should get back to you within a day or two.

Last edited by toph4242; 01-31-2023 at 02:02 PM.
HerkDriver (11-09-2023)
Old 01-31-2023 | 08:28 PM
997C2Houston
Instructor

Question - how are slots taken if people don't have MY24 allocations secured to their name yet? Or am I missing something?

Quick Reply: ED dates for 2023