Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Leipzig European Delivery Experience - 992 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022 | 08:36 PM
PBoxS986
Instructor

When did the dealer ask that you pay for your car? Mine is saying 30 days before European Delivery?
Did your dealer also collect VAT deposit or did they just hold a check?
When did you add your 911 to your insurance policy? I’m assuming you don’t insure until you take possession in the US?

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Chadds (06-02-2023)
Old 10-03-2022 | 01:06 AM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PBoxS986
When did the dealer ask that you pay for your car? Mine is saying 30 days before European Delivery?
When did you add your 911 to your insurance policy? I’m assuming you don’t insure until you take possession in the US?

Thanks!
I recall paying a month before I picked it up in Germany.

I did not have to pay VAT deposit, I think that is up to the dealers discretion depending on your relationship.

I insured the car when I picked up at my local dealer.
Old 10-03-2022 | 08:44 AM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PBoxS986

Thanks!
I'm simply financing mine, and only had to finalize the paperwork a few day prior to leaving. My dealer also waived the VAT for me. I'll start my insurance when i have a specific date that it will arrive at my home dealer.
Old 10-03-2022 | 08:27 PM
woobiee
Pro

My dealer asked to pay and do final paperwork 3 weeks prior to departure. I opted to go in about 4 weeks prior because rates were slowly climbing and I wanted to lock in as early as possible. Luckily I did -- got a great rate that PFS matched.

When I first placed my order demand, they mentioned I had to write a check for the VAT amount prior to my departure. As time went on while building a relationship with the dealer, they didn't ask for one in the end (or they forgot?)

I haven't insured the car yet. I will likely do so a few days prior to my scheduled delivery.

On a side note, my boat is arriving to North American waters in a few hours and mooring in Halifax a few more hours after that. The wait is nearly over!
Old 10-04-2022 | 09:09 AM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by woobiee
My dealer asked to pay and do final paperwork 3 weeks prior to departure. I opted to go in about 4 weeks prior because rates were slowly climbing and I wanted to lock in as early as possible. Luckily I did -- got a great rate that PFS matched.

When I first placed my order demand, they mentioned I had to write a check for the VAT amount prior to my departure. As time went on while building a relationship with the dealer, they didn't ask for one in the end (or they forgot?)

I haven't insured the car yet. I will likely do so a few days prior to my scheduled delivery.

On a side note, my boat is arriving to North American waters in a few hours and mooring in Halifax a few more hours after that. The wait is nearly over!
EXCITING!!!! hahaha. Seems the VAT is simply up to the discretion of the dealer on how it is handled. Happy to hear you didn't end up needing to pony that up.
Old 10-07-2022 | 03:51 PM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Originally Posted by woobiee
Sure thing. I'll help all that I can.

My assumption is yes they are real. They have seatbelts and child seat anchors back there for a reason.
Doing ED October 25th in Leipzig. What GPS did you use and did you use Esim in your cell phone. How was cell service.
Old 10-07-2022 | 05:42 PM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JeepJLU2020
Doing ED October 25th in Leipzig. What GPS did you use and did you use Esim in your cell phone. How was cell service.
I "borrowed" a GPS from the Leipzig factory store. But ended up just using my cell for GPS which worked great.
Old 10-08-2022 | 08:47 AM
JeepJLU2020
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dubber
I "borrowed" a GPS from the Leipzig factory store. But ended up just using my cell for GPS which worked great.
which GPS did you use google waze?
Old 10-08-2022 | 01:18 PM
woobiee
Pro

I did sign up for the GPS unit from Leipzig but I think they forgot about it. We used our phones instead and it was fine. We made sure to download offline maps on our phones and used CarPlay within the car. One of our phones was on T-Mobile which had unlimited international call/data. Had to use data just a handful of times.

If you have two devices, I'd recommend setting nav on both of them just in case one craps out. In one instance one of our phones was registering a few dozen meters off the road.
Old 10-14-2022 | 04:24 PM
hykNA911fan
Rennlist Member

Wow, beautiful!
Old 10-16-2022 | 06:56 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Congratulations and these are awesome photos! Also just completed my own ED three months ago but somehow it feels like it was ages ago lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by touringGT3:
Dubber (10-17-2022), woobiee (10-16-2022)
Old 10-16-2022 | 09:35 PM
woobiee
Pro

Originally Posted by touringGT3
Congratulations and these are awesome photos! Also just completed my own ED three months ago but somehow it feels like it was ages ago lol.
Thanks! We are still waiting for re-delivery from our dealer!!! It should be any day/week now!
Old 10-21-2022 | 05:20 PM
Duct Tape
Rennlist Member

Could I ask if your car is Shark Blue, or another color no longer listed in stock colors? Beautiful car.
Old 10-21-2022 | 05:28 PM
woobiee
Pro

Originally Posted by Duct Tape
Could I ask if your car is Shark Blue, or another color no longer listed in stock colors? Beautiful car.
Yes it is Shark Blue.
Old 10-26-2022 | 10:29 PM
woobiee
Pro

Alright folks, my time here comes to an end. The car made it safely home today on day 358. Here are a couple potato photos in the garage now but hopefully in the next few weeks I'll take it out for a proper photo session. Lots of home reno currently so apologies for all the crap laying around.

Sadly as anticipated, there was no fanfare with re-delivery after ED at my local dealer. Basically handed me the keys and off I went -- no car cover reveal, no goodies, etc. Though early on I did ask for clear side markers to be thrown in which they happily obliged.

My SA saved all the key tags while the car journeyed through its travels which I thought was a thoughtful gesture. Tags from Sindelfingen car drop off in Germany, Port of Emden, Port of Baltimore, and finally the local dealer.

And if anyone is interested here is my timeline:
  • Nov 5 2021: Order Demand
  • Day 62: ED Allocation given
  • Day 64: Order placed
  • Day 76: TYD Invitation
  • Day 181: TYD Freeze Date reached
  • Day 201: TYD Scheduled for production
  • Day 220: TYD Start of production
  • Day 242: TYD Exit Production. CT Assembly
  • Day 243: TYD CT Finish. CP8
  • Day 271: My Overview Phase 3 Car Produced
  • Day 294: My Overview Phsase 4 Car Complete
  • Day 304: ED Completed. Car dropoff in Sindelfingen Germany
  • Day 323: Port of Emden departure
  • Day 337: Port of Baltiimore arrival
  • Day 349: Dealer arrival
  • Day 358: PPF complete. Dealer hand-off

Last edited by woobiee; 10-26-2022 at 10:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by woobiee:
Dubber (10-27-2022), iguana (10-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Leipzig European Delivery Experience - 992 GTS