Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Driving home from PEC Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 07:00 PM
Dsw97
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving home from PEC Atlanta

We will be taking delivery in May at PEC Atlanta, flying down from New Jersey with the plan to drive my new Porsche home!
Im looking for route ideas, driving north through the Appalachians of the Carolinas and Virginia. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 04-04-2022, 12:54 AM
MrInternational
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I recommend driving the Blue Ridge Parkway! Beautiful drive and if your feeling up for it, side trip to tail of the dragon.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:57 PM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 135 Posts

It was definitely good fun to do both the on and off-road demos at the PEC. It was LOADS of fun to slap someone else's Turbo S around the skid pad trying to force it to drift! Wife loved the off-road part, tame though it was compared to some off-road stints we'd done before.

We drove up from PEC Atlanta by way of Asheville, NC. Overnighted there, toured Biltmore. Next night was Roanoke, VA if just to avoid an extra-long drive late night into Bethesda, MD. Would have stayed at Peaks of Otter Lodge instead of Roanoke but there wasn't a room available.

Drive from Asheville to Roanoke was up the Blue Ridge Parkway. Likewise the next day up the Parkway and Skyline drive.

We skipped Tail of the Dragon as it was a weekend and would probably have been a mob scene.

Photo-op not to miss (I did) was when you're leaving Biltmore's souvenir shop there's a road that has a sight-line straight to the mansion. A quick jump out, snap a pix and go would be fun.

Missed a chance to browse inside at Black Dog Salvage as they were closed on Sunday, but stopped for a photo-op.

Had good Verizon cellular coverage the whole route, but know that the freebie 2gb that came with Porsche Connect was exhausted by my kid watching Netflix... even before we got to Asheville!
The following users liked this post:
Dsw97 (04-30-2022)
Old 04-30-2022, 11:46 AM
Dsw97
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate the info, where did you stay in Asheville? We will be in a GT3 so I want to be sure to stay in a safe area!
also, how long did it take you to drive from Asheville to Roanoke?

Quick Reply: Driving home from PEC Atlanta