Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

who has taken delivery at PEC LA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 03:58 PM
Char1982
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts
Default who has taken delivery at PEC LA?

I'd like to know what the experience was and what you get for the $625 fee. worth it? Is it any different than just booking the driving experience? i'm interested in doing it but worried about the drive from LA back to NorCal prior to having PPF installed...
Old 09-25-2021, 09:22 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Just got my delivery confirmed at PECL- for Nov 23rd. They will give you a date once the car has loaded on a ship. I will let you know how the event turns out. Not sure if they let me drive my car on their track- hopefully this is part of the experience. Even having a pro driver take my new Boxster around the track with me as the passenger would provide some perspective on what these cars are capable of.

Old 09-25-2021, 04:29 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
Just got my delivery confirmed at PECL- for Nov 23rd. They will give you a date once the car has loaded on a ship. I will let you know how the event turns out. Not sure if they let me drive my car on their track- hopefully this is part of the experience. Even having a pro driver take my new Boxster around the track with me as the passenger would provide some perspective on what these cars are capable of.
Do you know what date your car is scheduled to arrive in PEC-LA? I am trying to figure out how long the wait is from arrival at PEC to your actual delivery date. I have a GT3 loading on a ship on Oct 8th.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:14 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

My car will arrive in San Diego on Oct 29th and the first day they had available for the PECLA delivery was Nov 23rd. they said they only do the car deliveries on weekdays - too busy on weekends and only around four a day - two in the morning and two in the afternoon.

So if you really want your car the day it gets to your location - your better off just picking it up at the dealer.

my dealer also will want me to pay for the car once it is at PECLA. They have to truck it there obviously from San Diego which is where some of your fee goes and it takes some time to organize and they prep the car at PECLA.

I like waiting- the car is perfect in my mind at the moment —-

The following users liked this post:
subshooter (09-27-2021)

Quick Reply: who has taken delivery at PEC LA?