Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

ATL PEC report

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 02:58 PM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 244 Posts
Default ATL PEC report

I spent last Friday at the Atlanta PEC and had a great day there. It was very quiet with virus restrictions - it's PCNA headquarters but everyone is working from home. We started with a tour which covered Porsche Exclusive, a rotating display (~10 actual Porsches from movies), historic cars, and the Classic workshop. The two tour guides were pretty knowledgeable and very enthusiastic. Captain America Civil War was filmed there (Avengers HQ) so we watched the movie after we got home and saw some of the places we had walked the day before! My wife and daughter got demo rides in new convertible C4Ss, a couple of hot laps with talented drivers. They use the dry skidpad for a 180 and were drifting all the way around. They both said it was like a roller coaster with launch control.

We had lunch at 356, excellent food and pretty good service. It overlooks the track area and has lots of car decor. Limited menu but delicious food. There is an outside terrace with great viewing of the drivers and instructors.

I did a 90 minute driving session, lead follow with a very good instructor. She was on a one-way radio so I just listened to her feedback and she was easily able to adjust some of my lines via rear view mirror. (I followed her the whole time on the track). When we got to the exercises (wet kick plate, wet skid pad, slalom) she parked and coached via radio. On the low friction course (polished concrete like a kart track), I followed again and tried to copy her lines. I started in a Turbo S then switched to a GT3. VERY different cars, especially coming from my Boxster. They really push you to test the cars (launch control, spins on the wet surfaces, etc.) to learn the capabilities and in my case, the differences. We did several hot laps on the track (aka handling course) in each car.

I had a great time and wish the driving was longer - 45 minutes in each car went very quickly. Lots of cool cars to see (including customer cars waiting for Classic restorations), gift shop, fantasizing about which shade of dark green to order my new Turbo S in.

Worth the easy flight, hotel next door, shuttle service, and really great attitudes by all the PEC employees.
The following 3 users liked this post by toma nova:
Serialcoderer (12-03-2020), steved0x (12-04-2020), XLR82XS (03-12-2021)
Old 12-03-2020, 01:23 AM
Serialcoderer
Track Day

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome to hear. I am taking delivery of my car there next year in May if everything goes according to plan.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Serialcoderer
Awesome to hear. I am taking delivery of my car there next year in May if everything goes according to plan.
We just ordered a Cayenne for PEC delivery in March. I'll post an update after we visit again.
The following users liked this post:
Serialcoderer (04-08-2021)
Old 12-28-2020, 07:33 PM
KevinT
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear you had a fun time. I did the same package 2 years ago and loved every second of it. I am looking forward to going again and seeing how the expansion looks.

Quick Reply: ATL PEC report