Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Recommended Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 03:47 PM
ecleland
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommended Dealers

So I am planning a euro delivery trip. Out of state dealer is fine (live in Dallas) Id prefer not to put down the unnecessary/optional 19% VAT. I’ll do a big deposit. Any recommendation in the SE or SW area? I love toad trips anyway.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:13 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,132 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by ecleland
So I am planning a euro delivery trip. Out of state dealer is fine (live in Dallas) Id prefer not to put down the unnecessary/optional 19% VAT. I’ll do a big deposit. Any recommendation in the SE or SW area? I love toad trips anyway.
I thought Park Place had a pretty good reputation in Dallas. Any reason you're looking out of town?
Old 06-22-2020, 12:10 PM
ecleland
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrantG
I thought Park Place had a pretty good reputation in Dallas. Any reason you're looking out of town?
I bought my first Porsche from them 27 months back (great experience). My sales advisor is no longer with them and the sales manager indicated that cashing the 19% VAT check was non-negotiable for them euro delivery. I said hey there is zero chance I'm not coming home with that car ;-) and since I have read many dealers will waive it or simply hold a check I was looking for such a dealer. I have since made progress with Porsche of Plano which is even closer to me than Park Place so I will likely be going with them.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:11 AM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

I bought my first Porsche from them 27 months back (great experience). My sales advisor is no longer with them and the sales manager indicated that cashing the 19% VAT check was non-negotiable for them euro delivery. I said hey there is zero chance I'm not coming home with that car ;-) and since I have read many dealers will waive it or simply hold a check I was looking for such a dealer. I have since made progress with Porsche of Plano which is even closer to me than Park Place so I will likely be going with them.

they actually deposit the check and don’t just hold it? That’s a little crazy.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Porsche Fairfield
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello there , I might be able to assist.
Please send me an email with your request, here is my contact info:

Mauricio Sanchez
General Manager
Porsche Fairfield
mauricio.sanchez@penskeautomotive.com

Old 09-30-2020, 02:30 AM
munik-fl
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a BMW ED trip in 2007 and it was awesome. I went through my local dealer who said he was being nice in not charging me over MSRP, because it was a special car coming out of their allocation. Back then BMW offered a 7% discount off of MSRP and I received it. Nowadays, their whole program is gone, so here I am looking at Porsches because they seem to be the last manufacturer of manual transmission cars that you can pick up in Europe!

Anyway, while my car was on the agonizingly long boat ride across the Atlantic, I found that there were some BMW dealerships that specialize in ED, Like Irv Robinson (R.I.P.) at Crystal Lake, outside of Chicago. I learned that ED cars DO NOT get counted towards their allocation and you can have any dealer order the car for you and when its routed to USA, you can have it delivered to one of their performance centers or any other BMW dealership (seems unfair to the last dealership, but that was the case). I also learned that you can negotiate the sales price to +/- invoice and then still apply the 7% off MSRP discount.

The key take away is that some dealerships know what they are doing and sell hundreds of these cars via ED and some either don't understand the program or try to screw the customer.

Does anyone know of a good dealer that will work with you on ED? Any reviews of dealer experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Recommended Dealers