Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Corona Virus Impacting my European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 10:49 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 787 Posts

Originally Posted by 540gone
I received a letter (e-mail) from Porsche yesterday offering several delivery options. Talking w/ my SA this morning to decide a path forward. If you have an upcoming ED and are affected, you presumably got the same letter, so call your SA & decide what you want to do.
Our ED date is April 22. Talked with dealer yesterday about options, and he made no mention of a letter. This is Porsche Canada though rather than PCNA.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:20 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,907 Likes on 1,535 Posts

Originally Posted by gcurnew
Our ED date is April 22. Talked with dealer yesterday about options, and he made no mention of a letter. This is Porsche Canada though rather than PCNA.
My ED pickup is June 5th, no letter and I’m in the US but I’m thinking mid-April before a decision needs to be made. I’m happy to wait and watch till then.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:43 AM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 787 Posts

Airline I have seats on for April 17 flight to Paris (ED pickup in Zuffenhausen April 22) has cancelled all international flights for 30 days effective March 23. Numerous EU countries have closed borders (including Germany). Over the past few days I have received emails from dozens of companies I have dealings with detailing their COVID-19 response. Crickets from Porsche.

UPDATE: Email received from Porsche Canada this morning advising all March and April EDs cancelled. Options offered to try and reschedule after June 1 or ship to dealer. Cancellation fees waived.

Last edited by gcurnew; 03-17-2020 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:40 AM
user 83838290
Banned

Received 471 Likes on 272 Posts

Airline I have seats on for April 17 flight to Paris (ED pickup in Zuffenhausen April 22) has cancelled all international flights for 30 days effective March 23. Numerous EU countries have closed borders (including Germany). Over the past few days I have received emails from dozens of companies I have dealings with detailing their COVID-19 response. Crickets from Porsche.
VW is closing all factories across Europe.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,633 Likes on 2,359 Posts
Default CAVEAT EMPTOR: BMW M Driver Training are a$$h*les...

sort of related to ED and COVID-19

back in Feb I booked a couple of events with BMW M Driving Training to attend at the Red Bull Ring at the end of May (25th-29th), the week before the weekend that the Porsche Sport Driving School G-Force event at Boxberg (30th/31st).

With all the travel bans etc, I contacted both organizations to determine what to do in light of all of this...

PSDS, "no problem", events are canceled thru (at least) June, refund or rebook with no penalty (awesome)

BMW M Driver Training: "a$$h*les", events are apparently not canceled despite *all* the travel bans and lockdowns in EU and Austria, and if you want to cancel or re-book; from the 70th until the 41st day prior to the start of the training course: 20% of the participation price; • from the 40th until the 21st day prior to the start of the training course: 30% of the participation price; • from the 20th until the 8th day prior to the start of the training course: 50% of the participation price; • from the 7th day prior to the start of the training course or in case of nonattendance without prior notice: 90% of the participation price.

They can cancel no later than 28 days prior ... so they sucker you into a 30% bet that the event will or will not take place ... sweet deal

While under normal circumstances I think these terms are reasonable, I do not think we are in normal times, and as such, I think it is both irresponsible and somewhat reprehensible that BMW M Driver Training are taking this approach to their business, employees, customers, and the greater populace in these times ... YMMV

The following users liked this post:
SantaFePorsche (04-01-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 10:28 PM
RCinCAN
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My ED was for May 7 for a Macan S in Leipzig. Received a cancellation letter from Porsche Canada today (April 6). You can reschedule for a future date (subject to open dates and the situation in Europe) or have it shipped to your home dealership.

Quick Reply: Corona Virus Impacting my European Delivery