Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

European Delivery Tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2020 | 02:52 PM
AlibiKat
6th Gear

I used CreaSign to put on the protective film. Very happy with their installation and it only took a full day. We were able to stay an extra two days at the Porsche rate in the deluxe Leipzig hotel. You must make advance arrangements and wire transfer in advance to reserve your wrap date. They need a full day minimum to wrap. The Hotel in Leipzig was right in the heart of the old district downtown, great food, museums, shopping and sites. We could have easily spent two days exploring just on foot. We went directly to CreaSign after our pickup and SUV factory tour. We took a taxi back to the hotel from CreaSign. Saved the 40 euros overnight parking cost at the hotel. Go for the factory wrap if you do not want to explore Leipzig and wish to immediately get on the road.
Old 06-24-2020 | 07:04 PM
Alan_S
Instructor

Anyone used TracWrap from Xpel as temporary protection? We are a little time crunched and I want my usually detailer to handle the prep and install.
Old 06-24-2020 | 07:07 PM
Dom991.1
Burning Brakes

Was a little surprised to see activity on this thread - they are still DOING Euro delivery??!?
The following users liked this post:
Streetmasters (06-28-2020)
Old 06-25-2020 | 01:35 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alan_S
Anyone used TracWrap from Xpel as temporary protection? We are a little time crunched and I want my usually detailer to handle the prep and install.
I considered using TracWrap as an option for the three weeks we were in Europe, but in the end we decided against the idea because of the logistics of transporting and applying the wrap and frankly, the less than pleasing aesthetics of the crinkly wrap on a new car. We put 1600 miles on German, Italian, and French highways as well as hundreds of miles on the D roads in Provence without one rock chip.

The secret? Maintain your distance from traffic and be as aware of road conditions as much as possible.

Enjoy the car, exercise good judgement, and remember that it's only a car and it will eventually pick up a chip or two.
The following users liked this post:
aggie57 (06-25-2020)
Old 06-29-2020 | 01:16 AM
dWizZidY
Track Day

Originally Posted by Dom991.1
Was a little surprised to see activity on this thread - they are still DOING Euro delivery??!?
Euro Delivery is a go provided they open the borders to the U.S. Our poor control of the pandemic has us blacklisted at the moment. I'm scheduled for Early October, fingers crossed. If it comes together, I may document the journey on the forum. I know I found it very helpful from the others who have done the same.

Quick Reply: European Delivery Tips