Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Doing my Macan GTS PTS + ED!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 01:53 AM
John kim
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing my Macan GTS PTS + ED!!

Recently placed my order in for Leipzig ED and want to get some ideas from the folks that have done it in past. I am pretty sure most of the topics are already been covered, but just wanted to contribute and get some warm welcomes! :-)

Air: do you fly directly to Leipzig? Or you get their by train from bigger city?

Hotel: will they allow you to stay a day prior to ED? Set that up with PCNA?

Track: will they allow my wife to get behind the wheel as well? And its only for the model i ordered correct? If i want to get behind, lets say GT3RS, i need to order one first? :-)

Itinerary: im planning on staying for 10 days. Any help will be much appreciated. Ring and autobahn are must, as well as driving in Apls, visiting Venice as well.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:33 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll tackle two points based on my .1 Targa GTS ED.

1. You can certainly stay in the hotel more than the 1 comp day. You'll just pick up the tab for extra days as I did. Strongly recommended so you can shed some jet lag.

2. I'd avoid Venice. It's not remotely car friendly and, as Porsche warned me, the deeper South you go into Italy the greater risk car theft becomes. Apparently, Italian thieves love brand new Porsches.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:36 PM
John kim
AutoX

Thats very useful information. Thanks.

Tho, Venice will be the most "south" we will hit in Italy, hopefully find a secure garage near the bridge.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:41 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Happy to help. Of note, secure garages and ding-free garages are two separate animals. Euro parking spots are notoriously small.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:22 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,295 Likes on 1,050 Posts

I have done two Porsche EDs. The last one was July 2017 with a 911 in Leipzig. I went to Venice (and 13 other countries). You can actually drive onto Venice and park in a garage but you need to reserve in advance since many people day drive back and forth over there. There are many web sites. I parked at this garage. http://www.garagesanmarco.it/en/rates.

There should not be a problem with your wife driving the Macan. Jamie at PCNA will send you an email saying that. You can swap around. I took my wife in the car with me. (She can't drive a stick....snicker)

I don't think you can fly directly into Leipzig but I don't know where your origin is either. I was flying from the Philadelphia area and the surrounding airports did not offer direct flights. I flew into Berlin directly (and stayed a couple nights) and then took a train to Leipzig.

You can't choose different models for the track. You will be given a car very similar to the car you ordered. I ordered a C4. I was put in a C4S for the track. Nice.

Enjoy it. I'd hit Neuschwanstein castle on your way to the Alps. Also check out the Romantic Highway.

Jamie can book you additional nights but it will be on your dime.

EDIT: Also, the parking garages in Venice will give you a bit of a scare. You have to leave your keys in the car per their policy in case they need to move it. The keys are not kept in a central location by a valet. The parking spots are incredibly tiny. You need to be a contortionist to get out after you park the car. They do have cardboard panels to put by your door to prevent door dings from others. I used them. I had no problems at all. I also parked in Belgrade Serbia and took my car into Bosnia. It is a $125k car but I also have a high risk tolerance.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:27 PM
John kim
AutoX

AWESOME.

Thanks for the handful of info there.

I am speaking with Alex over at PCNA ED program, very helpful guy as well.

I will be departing from Baltimore region, so Philly is not out of the option but prefer IAD or even BWI.

Keep the good infos coming guys!
Old 03-23-2018, 11:06 PM
Space Gray
AutoX

In Venice, you can park in the Tronchetto garage. They have VIP spaces which are in the lower level near the attendants' booth. Additionally they pull across a wire screen behind your car so people cannot wander around near it. It's been manyears since I did this but current info here: http://www.veniceparking.it/en/find-...%20Tronchetto/
Old 03-31-2018, 12:57 AM
John kim
AutoX

Its now at v215 status.

one question. I asked my SA if I can add a simple option (Porsche Connect), he said no.

asked my PCNA and he said if my SA writes a written request to PCNA. They will aubmit it to PAG.

will this delay my build???? Thats the last thing I need... (Like bumping the status down to v1xx or v200.... )

TIA
Old 03-31-2018, 11:01 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,295 Likes on 1,050 Posts

Originally Posted by John kim
Its now at v215 status.

one question. I asked my SA if I can add a simple option (Porsche Connect), he said no.

asked my PCNA and he said if my SA writes a written request to PCNA. They will aubmit it to PAG.

will this delay my build???? Thats the last thing I need... (Like bumping the status down to v1xx or v200.... )

TIA
Call your ED contact in Atlanta. I changed my order after lock for both of my EDs. PCNA needs to go directly to PAG to change it. It's possible but it is a pain in the butt for them.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:54 PM
Wimankid
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I was able to change my steering wheel option and paint color for headlight cleaning nozzles after order locked working with PCNA. I would contact them directly.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:41 PM
John kim
AutoX

Thank you. It is in fact, can be "requested" to be changed by PCNA to PAG, but nothing is set and solid until PAG "confirms".

Thanks folks!
Old 04-09-2018, 12:47 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I am the OP and for some weird reason I cant log back in using "google+".

no updates yet on the order, still at V215, "expecting delivery to dealership" 7/6/18

Question, is that delivering to Leipzig? or dealer in US? (or the tracking system not aware of me doing ED?)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:28 AM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

US
Old 04-11-2018, 09:34 PM
SpineConnection
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

so does this mean the car will be ready in Germany in June for ED???

(usually it takes 4 wks to get to US from Germany correct?)
Old 04-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes

Quick Reply: Doing my Macan GTS PTS + ED!!