Notices

sat in on a RWB build...my .02

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 11:34 PM
juntsky
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default sat in on a RWB build...my .02

Recently got to sit in on an RWB build in North Carolina. I had written up a rather long excerpt on the process but stupidly erased it when I went to hyperlink pics so I'll TL;DR myself here and give a short opinion.

As a relatively purist Porsche fan who is extremely against cutting up clean cars and bolting on plastic flares, I have a new found appreciation for the cars and especially for Nakai-san. Will be glad to defend my position to those who dislike the cars. The perfect car to me is still a stock body, 993 RS Clubsport. However, I think if I found a car with some busted quarter panels and rusty fenders, this would be a very valid way to bring the car back to life and have some fun.

Enjoy the pictures :thumbs:

Old 06-06-2017, 11:04 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 133 Posts

Interesting, but let's be honest....if you actually drive it.....on a real road...it's going to rub and crack those plastic fender arches. So its an art car now, and never actually gets driven..just flat-bedded to car shows. art cars are like art guitars.....they never actually get used for the original design purpose.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:27 PM
juntsky
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DC911S
Interesting, but let's be honest....if you actually drive it.....on a real road...it's going to rub and crack those plastic fender arches. So its an art car now, and never actually gets driven..just flat-bedded to car shows. art cars are like art guitars.....they never actually get used for the original design purpose.

you mught be right, if the car actually drove around aired out like that which isn't possible. This car is on airlift performance struts so will have a ride height comparable to say RS or slightly lower ride height and will be driven daily and tracked occasionally
Old 06-29-2017, 11:10 AM
jto24
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

These have always been a guilty pleasure of mine.. does Nakai-san fly out to wherever a customer requests to have an RWB project built? Or was this some sort of special event?

Quick Reply: sat in on a RWB build...my .02