Notices

Did I have fun with a member of this board's 996 Cab in Kendall last night?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 09:59 PM
COSMOSIS
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I have fun with a member of this board's 996 Cab in Kendall last night?

If you're on this board I want to say thanks. Your an enthusiast. It was cool of you to give me that run last night. If not, and i have a feeling you are'nt, it was cool anyway.

Peace
Old 11-14-2003, 10:08 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

whats the story?

spill it

Welcome to Rennlist!
Old 11-15-2003, 04:21 PM
COSMOSIS
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha. Thanks. I was on my way home and I have seen a guy around with a Boxster S. An older guy and he seems curious to run my GTI. I have seen him out on a couple of random Sundays, but we never get the opportunity due to traffic.

Well, on Thursday I was on my way home and sitting at a light in the general vicinity that I usually see him. There was, what I thought to be, a Boxster behind me. 10:45 pm, first at the light, he's behind me, no cars in front of us for a little more than a quarter mile and a stretch of street that is fairly low priority for speed traps. I'm sure you've done the math already.

I leave the light a little hard to see if he is game for a little roll on. As soon as the P driver hears my car he is on it right behind me. Long story short, I thought it was a base Boxster for a minute. Beleive it or not I can pull those pretty good on a roll. But it was still on me. Then I figured it was Mister Man in the S I have seen around. I was stoked because I thought he really couldn't pass me. In reality, it is more like he never made an attempt to pass. The lane next to me was clear.

We hit the next intersection and the light is going yellow. Aside from that, this is the part of this particular strip to not speed on since patrol cars often enter from the adjacent (perpendicular) road. The Porsche pulls next to me and it was a 996 Cabriolet. I was stunned. Not because I am convinced I won, (I know that car is decidedly faster) but by the fact that he bothered at all. I thought that was cool. That, to me is the mark of a car lover and a not a status seeking snob. You see/hear something interesting and, conditions permitting, give it a go...even if you might lose.

See, I have a problem. I can't get the cars that will be a good run to run me because they are "convinced" they are a lot faster. S2000s, E36 M3s etc. I like running slightly faster cars but I keep getting tried by stock, automatic Accords with light up washer nozzles. Depending on their mods it always ends with "What the hell do you have in there?"

Oh, BTW, is there a South Florida Pcar drive/meet that happens every so often on like Wed. or Thurs.? I ask because about 6 weeks ago I was going home (on the same street, no less) and I see a guy I run into every so often who drives a white Civic Type R. Funny thing was, he was flanked by a bunch of Boxsters and an older 911. It looked like they knew each other and were coming from a common place by the way they were driving.

Peace

-T-

Quick Reply: Did I have fun with a member of this board's 996 Cab in Kendall last night?