Notices

Philadelphia Airport - Porsche Parking

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Philadelphia Airport - Porsche Parking

Any recommendations for covered, secure parking at/near the Philly airport for my P-Cars?

I travel frequently for work and would love to be able to take one of the Porsche's to the airport. However, historically, the parking options at the airport have kept me at bay, opting instead for my daily driver. I religiously use the covered decks adjacent to the airport, typically in A, B, or C lots, since I tend to fly American domestically and A, in particularly, tends to be available since it extends so far upwards on the fifth floor. However, there are still many times I end up with limited options and have to wedge into a tight space, making me concerned about door dings.

Any suggestions? Is there a good off-site option that is covered, secure, and has dependable 24-hour transportation to/from terminal? Provided it's convenient and dependable, cost is no object.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:11 AM
msteficek
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not covered but Pacifico Auto Valet is what I use and so do my co-workers. It is pretty nice but they will DRIVE your car to the airport with you and then park it. Then they drive it back to pick you up. It makes it really easy but you would be having someone drive your car.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:01 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by msteficek
It is not covered but Pacifico Auto Valet is what I use and so do my co-workers. It is pretty nice but they will DRIVE your car to the airport with you and then park it. Then they drive it back to pick you up. It makes it really easy but you would be having someone drive your car.
Thanks - I think the lack of covered parking and fact that someone would drive my car are both disqualifiers.

I'm starting to think the covered portion of the top (5th) floor of terminal A might be my best bet for something that may offer a corner or other larger spot.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:56 PM
PHL911AWE
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
Thanks - I think the lack of covered parking and fact that someone would drive my car are both disqualifiers.

I'm starting to think the covered portion of the top (5th) floor of terminal A might be my best bet for something that may offer a corner or other larger spot.
I agree on taking the top lot and picking a corner spot if you really want to drive your car to the airport. I just take an Uber and not worry about it. Also if you're traveling for a prolonged period of time, battery might die on you and you won't have a plug in the parking lot vs if you left your car at home
Old 07-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Philster
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The airport multi level garages are built for beaters and bumper cars.

Wally Park for me, but never in the Porsche... although, if I was forced to take it, I'd go there. You can finagle a spot on an end without markings and tip the shuttle driver, if he has to follow you to a spot where the arrows are not positioned (where he hangs out). The Wally lots have 90% rigidly marked spots, and some loosie goosie arrangements, where a nice car or large truck might be.

Old 07-27-2016, 04:05 PM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

PHL is a zoo. I would never take my P.

It can be mad early weekday mornings. I've spent way too much time trying to find space in A and finally ending up in in D.

There is no way you can manage who is going to end up next to you, behind you or on top of you. Leave the P at home.

Quick Reply: Philadelphia Airport - Porsche Parking