Notices

Where can I find a skidpad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:16 AM
cnagele
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I find a skidpad?

Does anyone have advice on skidpad training? I'd like to improve on car control, but finding a place to do this is extremely hard. Sure, I could find an empty parking lot but I assume the police would be there a few minutes later.

Are there any designated places for this? I live in the Philadelphia area.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:20 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Are you a member of your local PCA? Ours does skid pad training during Autocross school.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:12 PM
bill3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

We just finished the annual Car Control clinic for NNJR PCA members yesterday on one of the monster lots at the Meadowlands (MetLife/Giants stadium). 2 skidspads for each driver plus a braking exercise and a very long slalom; Instructor in every car.

Very popular event; sells out early every year.

Other than some of the driving schools, like Skip Barber, I'm not sure where you will find one otherwise
Old 05-11-2015, 11:40 AM
somdcroc
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are a Riesentoter Region member ask your DE Committee folks that regularly go to Summit Point in West Virginia. It has three skid pads (at the Main , Jefferson, and Shenandoah circuits) and there is skidpad instruction available at all PCA Potomac and SCCA Washing DC Region HPDE/PDX events. Potomac also puts on an HPDC in Spring and another in Fall at Summit Point that provides car control skills training, skid pad training, and a half day of on track instruction.

Scott
PCA FSR HPDE Registrar

Quick Reply: Where can I find a skidpad?