Bear mountain - what to do/see?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:34 AM
mx22
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear mountain - what to do/see?

Hi guys,

Anyone has good "itineraries" for what to do/see around Bear mountain. Hard to believe, but I never been there - drove by once by mistake... Wineries? Good places to eat? Places to see? Roads to drive? Sightseeing? Anything else interesting? Wife and I are planning to spend a day there this coming weekend - will be in a family car with a 6 months daughter, so no speeding or excessive driving, but I do like to scout the roads for future and mark a few good picture spots.

Thank You!
Old 08-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Achtung930
AutoX

Can only comment on the picnic and driving aspect...Check out Seven Lakes Drive within Bear Mountain, very scenic...drive across the Bear Mtn Bridge and immediately make a right and go on one of the most spectacular twisty mountain roads in the Tri-State area...Perkins Memorial Drive is nice also with a Lighthouse overlooking the Hudson Valley - on a clear day you can catch the NYC Skyline from this point.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:01 AM
kramedawg
AutoX

A lot of twisties to the top of Bear Mountain. Always a lot of fun cars around. Cross the bridge and drive all the way up to the top.

Quick Reply: Bear mountain - what to do/see?