Notices

Registration is now open for Drive for the Kids IV -- Sunday May 1, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:18 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Registration is now open for Drive for the Kids IV -- Sunday May 1, 2011

All,

As I have mentioned in my previous "Save the Date" post, my 17 year-old daughter Samantha is once again organizing a charity drive very similar to the 3 successful ones she has done the past couple of years. Like previous events, we will be taking a leisurely drive
through the back roads of the Somerset Hills area (this is not a high speed race on interstate highways). As many of you know, Samantha's first Drive for the Kids in June 2009 was the genesis of Cars & Croissants.

The Charity: The beneficiary will be the Somerset Hills Learning Institute, a school for children with autism. My son, J.P., is a student there, and the school has made an incredible positive impact on his life as well as that of our whole family.

Who should come: The event is open to all sports, exotic and collector cars.

Here are the details:

Date: Sunday, May 1 (Samantha's 18th birthday!)
Raindate: Saturday May 7
Pre-registration is required -- no day of event registration
Registration deadline is April 25 (details on registering at bottom of this post)
The number of participants will be limited, so I would encourage registering sooner rather than later. This is a fun event and will fill up.

Starting Location:

Somerset Hills Learning Institute
1810 Burnt Mills Road
Bedminster, NJ

Time:

9:30am - 10:30 am -- check-in
10:30 -- drivers' meeting
10:45 -- Drive starts
1:00 -- Drive ends and lunch begins

Lunch: Starts at 1 pm

This time, the lunch will be at Hamilton Farm Golf Club in Gladstone, NJ which is one of the most prestigious private golf clubs in the world. Here's a link

http://www.hamiltonfarmgolfclub.com

Dress code: Hamilton Farm does not allow jeans.

Cost: $100 per person (Note -- not per car)(includes lunch so if you have a passenger/navigator who will be attending lunch, please indicate and pay for 2 people when you register). A portion of the registration fee will be tax deductible.

How you can participate : Be a driver, a navigator, a sponsor, place an ad in our event program or provide goody bag items. Maserati of North America will be providing the goody bags.

How to Register: Go to www.somerset-hills.org. On the left side of the home page, click on "Drive for the Kids". It is self-explanatory from there. You will see the opportunities to place ads in the event program, to be a sponsor of the Drive and to be a driver.

If you have questions, please feel free to send PM or email me. I'll be at C&C on Saturday as well, so feel free to talk to me there.

Regards,

Kirk
Old 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Signup deadline extended to close of business Thursday April 28

We will need to give Hamilton Farm our count for lunch by then. Thanks.

Kirk

Quick Reply: Registration is now open for Drive for the Kids IV -- Sunday May 1, 2011